Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New member two failed HRT attempts  (Read 1196 times)

Lookingforamiracle

• First Flush
New member two failed HRT attempts
« on: April 19, 2023, 12:14:30 PM »

Hi all! Thank goodness for forums like this to make us feel we’re not alone!
Just had to stop my second try at HRT due to it making me feel utterly terrible and even worse! Am gutted. So wanted it to work. Now back to square one.

Flossieteacake

Re: New member two failed HRT attempts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 12:15:58 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. It can take time to find the right HRT. Which ones have you tried?

Lookingforamiracle

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 12:22:17 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I tried Evorel patches last year but weirdly it gave me high blood pressure which I’d never had before. This year after not having had a period for over a year I was given Oestrogel and Utrogestan. Fine first week then started feeling sick all day every day and floored with exhaustion. After a month or two I couldn’t take any more as couldn’t function. Doc said best to come off. Am now suffering from additional symptom of tingling arms and legs which I didn’t have before!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 12:25:56 PM »

Hi.  Which symptom would you like to ease first?

Tingling can be hormonal in that pregnant women can experience carpal tunnel syndrome.  Symptoms may be caused by a loss of oestrogen or a trapped nerve in the neck.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as the body becoming dry: inside and out.

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away.