Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bigger boobs - what to blame?  (Read 904 times)

Julia33

• First Flush
Bigger boobs - what to blame?
« on: April 16, 2023, 06:52:10 PM »

Hi all,
I've always been very physically active and have had a breasts of a C size.  Since being on HRT, my breast have become bigger. Not sore though. Even though the hubby loves this, I don't! I want my old size back. My tummy gets bloated also. If HRT is to blame, I will happily reduce from 3 pumps back to 2. Do you think this would make a difference? Is it too much oestrogen? Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
Julia 

VanillaLover

Re: Bigger boobs - what to blame?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 10:35:47 AM »

Hi Julia,

Yes it’s the oestrogen to blame! Are you post meno? I am peri and although my breasts swelled a lot to start with when I started HRT , and were sore at weird times, lately (after 18 m on HRT) they have shrunk again. Which is good as far as I’m concerned. I am on the same HRT as when I started so I can only think it’s my own oestrogen production falling further.

I expect reducing your pumps will help, if that’s what you want!

Julia33

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 05:51:44 PM »

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I suspected it was the oestrogen. I've been on HRT for nearly 3 years. I started on 2 pumps and fairly quickly went up to 3 pumps. I think I am going to reduce to 2 and see if that helps. I have even recently gone going up to 3.5 pumps as I did wonder if I needed more...if it was fat depositing into my boobs. This seems like a silly idea now. I just hope I don't get a flood of symptoms back if I reduce to 2 pumps. I had my bloods taken in 2021 and my oestrogen was 427.
I am going to see if my boobs reduce if I reduce the pumps. It does make sense mind!

Julia   

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 11:46:51 AM »

It’s not always the Estrogen. My boobs have got bigger the closer I get to meno, so reducing Estrogen. Progesterone makes mine big and painful if too low Estrogen. Hope you work it out.

DottyD68

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 06:03:02 PM »

Hi Julia33

My boobs initially increased in size when I started HRT - I use gel and Utrogestan 200mg 14/28 days - however they have reduced a bit now.

When I tried to move to a continuous regime (Utrogestan 100mg daily) they became so swollen and painful I had to stop after 3 weeks and return to sequential. I have tried this twice due to my age (54) and GP advice to move to conti. I put this down to my body not tolerating the daily utrogestan but in hindsight I wonder if it's more the balance of oestrogen vs progesterone that caused the swelling, rather than just the progesterone per se. What I mean is that I was taking 100mg of utrogestan daily rather than 200mg 14/28 and maybe 100mg was too low against the daily oestrogen???? I have no real evidence of this, it is just something I thought of as when I take 200mg 14/28 , despite bring double the dose my boobs don't swell anywhere near as much. I think its down to the balance between the two hormones rather than one OR the other. Its so confusing and appears to be dependent on what your own hormones are doing, hence the differing responses. I think next time I try to move to conti I will ask to try the higher dose of utrogestan.

I think it's a question of "tweaking" your doses whilst ensuring you get sufficient progesterone to protect your womb x