Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Starting Evorel 50 and Ustrogen 100mg  (Read 547 times)

Renee

Starting Evorel 50 and Ustrogen 100mg
« on: April 11, 2023, 04:19:07 PM »

Hello,
I am 57 and was told to stop Tibolone about 4/5 months ago. I have felt a real decline in my depression, hot flashes, mood swings, itchy scalp, libido etc.
I had a long awaited appointment with my GP today who is kindly trialling Evorel 50 patches with Ultrogestan 100mg capsules. I think she said ot can take up to 4 weeks to feel a difference. I am post menopausal.

Anyone else taking this combination?
Thank you
Irene x

Junie

Re: Starting Evorel 50 and Ustrogen 100mg
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 07:06:21 PM »

Hi Irene

I was on everol 50 and utrogestan, a few years ago, last year my doctor changed me to everol conti, but I have been bleeding, a few times, my doctor has stopped my Hrt until the bleeding stops then I am going back on everol 50 and utrogestan.

Hope it’s ok for you

Junie

Renee

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 09:47:39 PM »

Hi Junie

Are you post menopausal? Or was before if that makes sense?

I haven't had a period for about 5 years. I'm trying the patch and capsule option but now wonder if I should have just went back onto Tibolone as I was OK on it but there's no scope to reduce Tibolone as it only comes in 2.5mg or 5 I think, I was taking 1 every 3 days and I don't think that's the correct way to take it.
My GP said the patch is safer and I can vary the dose.
HRT is a minefield isn't it? I get totally confused with it. A friend of mine has just had her Testerone levels checked and they were low and now she's on a gel and this had me thinking Testosterone!!!! Should I be on this too and how would I know if I needed it. Haha.

It goes on and on!
Irene x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 08:13:03 AM »

Renee - generally as one gets older it is considered safer (re blood clots, stroke etc) to change to transdermal HRT rather than tablets though this is generally advised over 60 unless you have other risk factors (eg obesity, high BP, smoking, sedentary lifestyle  etc). If taking tibolone once every three days was working for you then that's great! Yes it is a lower dose than the standard but so what - it is going to have less risk attached to it if at a lower dose.

That being said - why not try the patch and utrogestan? However some find taking utrogestan continuously gives rise to unwelcome side effects - I don't take it continuously for this reason.

Re Testosterone - blood tests are not reliable in determining the need for this - a better indication would be your libido and specifically, your response - if lacking or has declined considerably then this would suggest T might be helpful. If this has declined since stopping Tibolone then this is another argument to go back on it as Tibolone is a special type of HRT and contains a hormone that acts like testosterone, and some find it good for libido/response.

Hurdity x