Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan - extreme tiredness (first round)  (Read 3079 times)

angelaotn

• First Flush
Utrogestan - extreme tiredness (first round)
« on: April 07, 2023, 06:11:30 AM »

Good morning ladies

I'm a newbie here. I am peri and have been prescribed 2x pumps of Oestrogel daily (plus an extra pump or two on the 3 or 4 days I suffer with severe depression symptoms) and 200mg of Utrogestan for 15 days out of every month.

I'm on day 13 of this first round (although I skipped one night in the middle) and really don't think I can finish it.

I took the Utrogestan orally for the first 5 or 6 days but was struggling with dizziness (enough to stop me driving) and so I had a night off, spoke to my nurse practitioner, and she suggested taking it vaginally, which I have been doing since. It's a definite improvement but I'm absolutely exhausted throughout the day. I have other symptoms (acne, palpitations and anxiety during the night and in the morning) too which have got gradually worse.

I just wondered if anyone further along in their HRT 'journey' had had similar issues in the beginning, particularly with Utrogestan, and whether or not it settled in time. I'd also love to hear from anyone who had the Merina coil fitted after progesterone issues, and how they found that.

Many thanks in advance, Ang x