Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello - another newbie here!  (Read 2535 times)

MazRia

Hello - another newbie here!
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:38:53 PM »

Hi all.

48 years old, haven't felt 'right' for a while. Periods still regular-ish but the flow can vary dramatically and so can the back and lower stomach pain.
Am wondering if I am peri-menopausal  :-\

Just don't feel alive anymore - tired, achy, not much interest in much - to name but a few issues!

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

sheila99

Re: Hello - another newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 10:49:24 PM »

Sounds like it to me, welcome to the roller-coaster  >:(
 :welcomemm:

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 06:05:43 AM »

Hi MazRia,

Welcome to the forum xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 06:29:42 AM »

browse round, make. notes.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Which symptom would you like to ease first?  There are several ways of delivering hormone replacement therapy if one wants to go that route.  Check your diet; eating little and often helps me a lot. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; deep in the ears, eyes, skin, vagina, nostrils and the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Ask away!

MazRia

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 09:27:58 AM »

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I have started keeping a mood diary. I am overweight which is making me angry but I feel so wound up and angry with everyone around me I just eat rubbish :( Before tea I will go in the cupboard and have a chocolate bar, I try to tell myself I don't need it as it will spoil my tea but because I feel so angry, frustrated and low I cannot help myself. One flight of stairs and I am out of breath but I don't seem to be able to get myself out of the rut.
I get no time to myself at home - there is always someone around.
I really don't know where to turn or what to do ladies.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 10:03:02 AM »

Hello MazRia and welcome. I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I can understand turning to food for comfort. Please do not be angry with yourself for that. It is understandable.

How do you feel about making an appointment with your GP to ask for HRT? It sounds like you could really benefit from it.

MazRia

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 10:31:06 AM »

Hello MazRia and welcome. I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I can understand turning to food for comfort. Please do not be angry with yourself for that. It is understandable.

How do you feel about making an appointment with your GP to ask for HRT? It sounds like you could really benefit from it.

Hi Flossieteacake :)

I have just completed a Boots online doctor service - never used their service before, so we will see how it pans out!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 11:19:23 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake :)

I have just completed a Boots online doctor service - never used their service before, so we will see how it pans out!

Good luck with that. :)

Kazzy48

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 06:28:03 PM »

Hi MazRia, welcome 🤗

MazRia

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 08:19:57 PM »

browse round, make. notes.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Which symptom would you like to ease first?  There are several ways of delivering hormone replacement therapy if one wants to go that route.  Check your diet; eating little and often helps me a lot. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; deep in the ears, eyes, skin, vagina, nostrils and the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Ask away!

The symptom i really need to get control of is the anger and tiredness first i guess? Maybe then i can get some control over my eating habits...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 08:41:39 AM »

4 me anger was pre-menstrual.  Something that I would be OK with 1 day, would make me erupt  :cuss: :argue: to the point of throwing things [though never anything of value].  After the bleed began, anger were go away.

How is your  diet overall?  Low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges as well as bouts of anger.  MayB keep a food diary for 3 days of everything you reach for, as well as your exercise regime which yes, includes ironing and housework ;-).

Weight Watchers groups are very supportive. 

Kazzy48

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2023, 10:08:52 AM »

Hi MazRia,

Welcome to the forum. I had similar symptoms as you. Low mood, no motivation, lack of energy plus loads of physical symptoms such as dry, itchy skin, hot and cold flushes, sore boobs, muscle aches and pains, brittle nails, urinary tract infections, vaginal dryness, erratic periods the list goes on!!! I started 7 weeks ago on oestrogel 2 pumps and utrogestan 200mg day 15-27 of my cycle. I am starting to feel my moods lifting and have loads more energy. My sleep has improved slightly and my skin is unbelievably smooth. Not noticing as many hot flushes only very occasionally. I would definitely recommend giving hrt a try and see how you get on. Good luck  :)  Karen x