Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan help  (Read 801 times)

AutumnSky

• First Flush
Utrogestan help
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:54:10 AM »

Good morning everyone!

Have been reading some of the posts on the forum and you all are so lovely and helpful.
I have a question that may have already been answered on the forum somewhere so apologies if it's already been covered.
I feel silly and that I should know the answer to this, but here goes.
I'm on Evorel 25 patches (changing twice weekly), Utrogestan (day 15-26) and Vagifem (twice weekly)
I've been taking this combination since September and so far it's helping with symptoms.
The GP told me that I should count the first day of my period as day one, and then take the Utrogestan on day 15....However at the time my periods were irregular and all over the place so had to take a best guess at when they WOULD have been due based on the last one that I had.

Since starting Progesterone my cycle has been as follows:
Sept: 3 days after finishing Utro
Oct: 5 days after finishing Utro
Nov: 3 days BEFORE finishing Utro
Dec: 3 days BEFORE finishing Utro
Jan: No Period
Feb: No Period
March: 3 days after finishing
April: 5 days BEFORE finishing

So am I right in thinking that it doesn't matter WHEN my periods start, whether it be during or after I've finished Utrogestan I still take that as day one? (this is what I've been doing). My GP wasn't very helpful on this topic, so any guidance/help you can give me is much appreciated.

Thanks x

Bandango42

Re: Utrogestan help
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 03:39:37 PM »

Hi

I often start to bleed before the end of the 15 days like you, sometimes 3-5 days before. I always count the first day of a bleed as day 1, regardless of when that is.

I have also asked the question before as to whether to continue with utro for the full 15 days once the bleeding starts and there seems to be no definitive answer, some women stop and some carry on. Personally, I stop the utro once the proper bleed has started (not spotting, I continue with it if just spotting) as the womb lining has already started to shed so I see little point in continuing.

I hope that helps xx

AutumnSky

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan help
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 04:01:24 PM »

Thanks so much for taking the time out to reply, it really has helped, I'm very grateful.

xx