Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Constant bleeding post menopausal?  (Read 2149 times)

sarahy

Constant bleeding post menopausal?
« on: April 04, 2023, 10:51:27 AM »

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help? I am post menopausal, on Everol Sequi patches (1 and a half twice a week) , I have a fibroid, and vaginal atrophy ( using Vagirux for this). I have bleeding every day that has become more so as time goes on. I have had several investigations that have found nothing. I am awaiting another. It is halting any increasing of my hormones which are low . My urgency is my main symptom - chronic anxiety( which I had when my menopause first started terribly and HRT helped completely) after 4/5 years of being fine, the anxiety has come back the same with a vengence.
I’m really asking if anyone has had similar and found out what causes and hopefully stops the bleeding?
Thankyou x
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:25:36 AM by sarahy »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Constant bleeding post menopausal?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 11:56:45 AM »

How often are U using the VA treatment?  Every night may help.  When I get the need2P I swallow two Nurofen capsules 3 times a day until the symptoms of that nip as the urine flow shuts off, eases.

Why did U begin HRT and has it helped?  Anxiety levels can rise and fall, how is your diet as low blood sugar can spike anxiety when the body needs energy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 11:57:31 AM »

Could the bleeding B from thin vaginal skin?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 04:38:09 PM »

Fibroids can cause bleeding.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 05:18:21 PM »

Hi is there a reason why you’re on Evorel Sequi if you’re post menopausal ?

sarahy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 07:33:46 PM »

How often are U using the VA treatment?  Every night may help.  When I get the need2P I swallow two Nurofen capsules 3 times a day until the symptoms of that nip as the urine flow shuts off, eases.

Why did U begin HRT and has it helped?  Anxiety levels can rise and fall, how is your diet as low blood sugar can spike anxiety when the body needs energy.

Hello, twice a week now.
I began 8/9 years ago and it immediately stopped the anxiety ( which was like nothing I’d ever had before, though very similar now) and any other menopause symptoms.4/5 years on and My hormone levels are now very low and the anxiety is every day.

My diet is pretty good. I’m unable to adjust the hormones because the cause of the bleeding is not known.  Very confused and frustrated as I think as some others have said here it is probably VA or fibroid causing bleeding, as that is first cause mentioned on nhs site. I am hopefully changing doctors soon.
Thankyou do much x

sarahy

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 07:35:12 PM »

Hi is there a reason why you’re on Evorel Sequi if you’re post menopausal ?

I’m so sorry I meant Conti!

sarahy

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 07:39:02 PM »

Could the bleeding B from thin vaginal skin?
It could but it seems a lot, and becoming more. But definitely vaginal atrophy is at top of reasons for it on NHS site! So am not sure why doctor keeps investigating when they keep finding nothing.
Thanks for replying Sx

sarahy

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 07:42:41 PM »

Fibroids can cause bleeding.
Hello, yes, so I have no idea why the doctor doesn’t think it could be that or VA when those are two things I have, but she keeps asking for investigations when several have thankfully found nothing.
Confused and frustrated !
Thanks for replying Sx

KarineT

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 02:15:43 PM »

Or this HRT itself might cause the bleeding .

sarahy

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 02:54:00 PM »

Or this HRT itself might cause the bleeding .
I know, it’s been maybe a year and I’ve no idea, I feel in limbo. In process of changing this doctor.
Thanks for your reply Sx

Betsy123

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 02:59:46 PM »

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help? I am post menopausal, on Everol Sequi patches (1 and a half twice a week) , I have a fibroid, and vaginal atrophy ( using Vagirux for this). I have bleeding every day that has become more so as time goes on. I have had several investigations that have found nothing. I am awaiting another. It is halting any increasing of my hormones which are low . My urgency is my main symptom - chronic anxiety( which I had when my menopause first started terribly and HRT helped completely) after 4/5 years of being fine, the anxiety has come back the same with a vengence.
I’m really asking if anyone has had similar and found out what causes and hopefully stops the bleeding?
Thankyou x

I have had the same issue with chronic anxiety, exactly the same, was my main issue at the start which was resolved with HRT but came back with avengence.  I too had dizzy spells and get constant palpatations which the doctor has now agreed to investigate.  I get more bleeding now also and feel dreadful when it happens
 I struggle with the progesterone and am just experimenting for a month on oestragon only patch to see it it helps. My doctor has given up at the minute and referred me to the menapause clinic however theres a long wait. Have you gone up in oestragon with the anxiety? I started on everol sequi which initially made symptoms better then got put on continuous when symptoms peaked again 3 years later. Was dropped to 25 patch which I felt dreadful anxiety on then put back to 50. I now have 75 however still feel awful anxiety. Really feel for you as it's awful and often wonder if anyone will help.

sarahy

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2023, 03:54:00 PM »

Hello,
Thankyou x

I have had the same issue with chronic anxiety, exactly the same, was my main issue at the start which was resolved with HRT but came back with avengence.  I too had dizzy spells and get constant palpatations which the doctor has now agreed to investigate.  I get more bleeding now also and feel dreadful when it happens
 I struggle with the progesterone and am just experimenting for a month on oestragon only patch to see it it helps. My doctor has given up at the minute and referred me to the menapause clinic however theres a long wait. Have you gone up in oestragon with the anxiety? I started on everol sequi which initially made symptoms better then got put on continuous when symptoms peaked again 3 years later. Was dropped to 25 patch which I felt dreadful anxiety on then put back to 50. I now have 75 however still feel awful anxiety. Really feel for you as it's awful and often wonder if anyone will help.
Hello Betsy,
Hope I’m replying in right place! I really hope your menopause clinic can help and see the wood for the trees. I cannot understand why your doctor couldn’t refer you sooner as he/she sounds out of their depth.
Yes my patch has been upped 50%  since December, no improvement with anxiety, my oestrogen levels have gone up but are still low. Nothing is happening now, but doctor is loathe to do anything because of bleeding. So stalemate. I think it’s SO complex that it needs time and someone who knows what they’re doing, but also has an open mind. All of which I’m afraid I don’t think I’ve had. I hope to see a menopause clinic , but like you have to wait some time.
Best of luck with your clinic, and best wishes for a speedy and good resolution! Sxxx

Betsy123

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2023, 07:21:05 AM »

Thanks Sarahy, it really is a minefield  what suits you one minute doesnt the next and doctors really need to change the way they view individual menaoause.  Thanks for the reply and keep pushing for solutions.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2023, 07:53:22 AM »

Evorel Conti made me bleed too. I’ve switched to Evorel 50 with 100mg oral Utrogestan nightly. Still bleeding but every 3 weeks instead of constantly. Still tweaking. Utrogestan is a different type of progesterone to that in Evorel Conti. It might be worth changing to that and see how you go.

Hello,
Thankyou x