Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan 21 day cycle  (Read 590 times)

Clarella

Utrogestan 21 day cycle
« on: April 03, 2023, 10:47:26 AM »

Hello, I’m now on 125 patches and testosterone, 25/28 x200 Utrogestan. Gp prescribed but very much a discussion and trial process. My oestrogen wasn’t showing very high on 100 patches, hence 125.

The same week I started 125 patches and testosterone I caught covid so it could be causing issues.

Since then I’ve had a very small bleed every 2 weeks. One times with the 3 day break , one doesn’t.

I’m just wondering if the 21/28 cycle might help reset things? 12 days had me with terrible crashes; the Utrogestan is very much loved by my body but may be causing some cycle issues?

Or should I persevere with 25/28?

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan 21 day cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »

If it's likely the one at the 'right' time is hrt induced and the other is your own you could try resetting the 25 day cycle to synch with your own.

Clarella

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 05:29:08 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean when I break through juts stop taking and restart the cycle?

I think the spotting I’ve been getting this week may be a period.

I wouldn’t mind the actual bleed except that sometimes I get very tired and lightheaded in the hours before I actually bleed. Felt great this morning and slowly started feeling awful this afternoon, and just had a small bleed on the loo.

It’s been just over 4 months on 25/28 and I’ve had these x2 weekly bleeds since the start of feb. Which is also when I started 125 patches and caught covid (argh.)

I didn’t get on with the 12 days out of 28. Bleeds were erratic and barely there so gp suggested continuous. However I also needed to go up on patches as symptoms returned and bloods showed low.

Had a lot of spotting with continuous and attempted to go back to cyclical but the mood swings were awful. I’m better with utro. But also better without bleeds!

wondering if 21 days out of 28 (as per BMS guidelines) would help to sync better while avoiding crashing pmt and good womb protection.

Or try mirena though do not want any potential mh issues. And I’ve only had c sections/ they always say I’ve a v tight cervix so I worry how on Earth they’ll fit it without me screaming blue murder.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:41:47 PM »

You could break for the 3 days when you have your own bleed then start counting ftom 1 again when you restart. If you still have your own cycle it's unlikely anything except a coil will stop the periods. Many women who haven't given birth at all have a mirena so I don't think you're in a worse position than many others (and it's so much smaller than a baby  :).

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 05:25:52 AM »

True but pregnancy prepares it and  labour dilates the cervix! Indeed it’s suooose to be better to have it done on a period (except I don’t know when that is!)

I struggle with smears too.

Would you break for 3 days even if bleeding was 2 weeks earlier? I essentially did that last time as both came together and yet have had this spotting 2 weeks later

flossie fiddler

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 09:49:56 AM »

I’m in the same boat, just one of those who bleeds on HRT. I was on 25/28 Utrogestan, with Evorel 50 patches, but was bleeding every 2 weeks. I tried resetting to mimic my own cycle, even though I’m now 58 and haven’t had a natural period for at least 2.5 years. I know this as I took a 2.5 year break from late 2019 to mid 2022 and didn’t bleed at all.

So, I switched to continuous utro, 100mg orally at night, and now getting bleeds every 3 weeks, although lighter. Having cervical screening in 10 days, and possible investigations, but hopefully if all is well, I’m goi g to go back on a sequential regime. At least then I will know when a bleed is likely to happen.