Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can I use 1 and 1\2 patches  (Read 590 times)

SarahT

Can I use 1 and 1\2 patches
« on: March 31, 2023, 06:08:40 PM »

Hello everyone,

So I am finding it impossible to get estradot 75 on  prescription. Again. All my local chemists say they cannot get it at all... Maybe not until May.
I did not get on with Everol, headaches and nausea.
I do have some estradot 50 left.

If I use on 50 and half a 50, will it absorb the right amount? Mathematically sounds ok. I have ordered stuff to help the 1/2 patch stick better.

Anyone else do this? Needs must. I finally found what seems to work for me but unable to get hold of it. Frustrating

Nas

Re: Can I use 1 and 1\2 patches
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 06:33:57 PM »

Hey Sarah,
Estradot seem like gold dust right now; how frustrating!

Mathematically you are right, a 50+a half would equate to a 75. I guess my worry would be that as Estradot are so tiny, would you absorb that additional half patch ( which you would need to be super careful about cutting?)

Give it a go and see. Your body will soon tell you whether you are absorbing properly.

Damm annoying, as I wouldn’t mind giving them a shot. The evorel 100 is huge and I would like a smaller patch if possible!

Good luck Sarah x

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 06:51:18 PM »

Thanks To you all ladies. Knew someone would be along.

Those that have tried and found it ok, I have ordered tegaderm(?) To ensure the half patch sticks down ok, especially in the cut side. I feel I have no choice so reassuring some of you have done\do this.

Nas, gold dust indeed.. You are right,my body should let me know if I am not absorbing enough, that was my only worry really. Time will tell.
I Did not get on so well with everol, headaches and nausea, but seem a lot more settled on the estradot, especially since I increased to 75.
How are you as I think you went up to 100 recently??

Sorry for multiple posts. Glitches.  One weird thing I noticed - I  originally posted after 5 pm but the post itself says I did so at 4pm. When I wasn't here....not sure if  that helps  whoever is attempting to breath  life back  in to the web pages?

Nas

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 07:12:35 PM »

Hey Sarah,
Yes I went up to 100 last week. Feel less irritable and like I have PMT, but sleep a huge issue still. Not sure what to do about that yet!

Keep us  posted on the patch and a half. Reminds me of the Cadbury advert “ every bar made with a glass and a half of milk “ 😆

God I AM losing the plot !! Xx

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 07:22:59 PM »

Believe it or not, my sleep seems a bit better now I have upped dose,may be a coincidence though. Also has happened  since I stopped taking herbal sleeping tablets!🤔
Maybe I was stressing too much about not sleeping??

I promise to let you know how my 1 1\2 dose,aka The Cadbury dose, works, if you do the same about yourself.

And sadly... I hate to say it but I think I certainly lost the plot many moons ago. But feeling a bit optimistic peri wise lately, less feeling vulnerable, a bit stronger in all ways.... let's hope it continues.

My hugs to you all x

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 07:26:31 PM »

Thanks Mollydolly,

I assumed it would work ok, but so reassuring to hear of others do so and it works for them.
Frustrating to find a brand and dose that seems to improve symptoms, but can't actually  get hold of them. Estradot  seems to be a victim of its own success maybe. Seems to be a very popular brand of patch according to the many pharmacists I speak with when trying to track them down.
Thank you

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 07:40:38 PM »

Sarah, I use Tegaderm patches over my HRT patches and they work really well. I cannot get them to stick otherwise.

SarahT

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 07:52:46 PM »

Thank you Flossie.
Couldn't remember the name but I know others use this film to ensure the patches stick securely. I have no problem within entire estradot patch but wondered if the 1\2 patch would lift a bit, and as Nas says I want to ensure I absorb th correct amount. Especially as the increase to 75 seems to help.

Still making a few diary notes to monitor any big shifts in moods as I still wonder if my own cycle clashes with the hrt at different times of my hormonal ups and downs. couple of weeks ago I was feeling rock bottom, now a lot more stable. I think the instability in moods and symptoms is my hardest thing to accept. But I try to appreciate the improvements I have felt when so am on a 'good day'.

I used to hate the term The Change, but yeah, it is just that and in every aspect of my life.

But still plodding on with all everyone's help and support on here.  ;)