Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleed  (Read 621 times)

Lyndab

• First Flush
Post menopausal bleed
« on: March 30, 2023, 09:54:50 AM »

I am 65 i had ovaries removed aged 50 due to cysts, started HRT still on hrt. No bleed for 15yrs, sudden onset period cramps but stronger like contractions, low back pain, muscle ache thigh of one leg. Next morning bleed and still have period ache. I have been suffering with fatigue for about 6 months. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

GraceM

Re: Post menopausal bleed
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 01:31:17 PM »

Any post menopausal bleeding needs to be checked out so you should contact your gp and probably get a referral to gynae.  You'll possibly need an ultrasound to check the womb lining. What HRT are you taking? 

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 02:25:27 PM »

I agree you should ask for a scan.

Lyndab

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 03:18:20 PM »

I am on evorel 50 patch  and Utrogestan 100mg 1 a night. Have been taking these for about 3 years? I have made an appointment with gp for end of April.

Lyndab

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 03:24:33 PM »

I forgot to say i had a copper coil fitted 5 years ago to protect my womb lining as i have always suffered with thickening of the lining. The coil did not suit me so was removed after a year. Then i started on Utrogestan ?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 04:49:31 PM »

Is it possible for you to get an earlier appointment?

Taz x

Lyndab

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 03:59:14 PM »

Hi Taz2 , this all started the day i was flying to Berlin to see our Son and family 😊 will be back in uk Monday am. Will go to Doctors and get an urgent appointment. I will message when i have been seen. Think i may have to go private, as i think i will have too long to wait via NHS? Thanks ladies for your help.

Hopeful

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 03:34:32 PM »

Hi Lyndab
Your Dr. Should put in a request for an urgent scan via the NHS 2 week referral pathway for unexplained post menopausal bleeding. Mine did and had mine done within the 2 weeks.