Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Has my HRT stopped working?  (Read 540 times)

Alli8

• First Flush
Has my HRT stopped working?
« on: March 23, 2023, 09:54:30 PM »

Hi all,
I started Evorel Conti 6 months ago. At the time I wasn't totally certain I should be on it as Dr kept asking when my last period was and I kept saying I didn't have periods as I am on Cerelle mini pill. He did do a couple of blood tests which he said showed I was postmenopausal so I guessed he knew what he was on about. I'm 51.

Anyway, within a few weeks my hot flushes and night sweats disappeared, my mood lifted and so did my libido. All was well. But... In the last month I have felt generally rough and have started piling weight on. My digestion is all over the place too - bloating and wind no matter what I eat. I have had the odd night sweats too. My mood is rubbish but I am not sure if it's just because I feel rough. I went low carb back in 2020 and lost three stone and have kept it off. Nothing has changed diet or exercise wise but still the weight is creeping back.

Does this mean there's a problem? Can hormone levels be checked to see if this is the case? What's with this weight gain? HELP!!!  :'(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:58:36 PM by Alli8 »