Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Frequent urination  (Read 3852 times)

Lynda07

Frequent urination
« on: March 21, 2023, 07:07:58 PM »

Hi ladies

Do any of you suffer from occasional frequent weeing? I’ve always gone more than most but every so often (like now) I go through a stage where I need to go 3/4 times a night and more often during the day. No other symptoms at all but I literally feel as if I need to go almost as soon as I’ve just been.

I’m on no medication for anything. I don’t drink alcohol. I will take a sample in if it carries on but just wondered if anyone else ever experienced this -  my health anxiety has kicked in.

Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Frequent urination
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 07:14:21 PM »

Get some VA treatment to see if that helps ease symptoms.  Also, when fluid intake is restricted the kidneys work over time = lots of trips across the landing at night.  Have U tried taking 'nurofen' 20 mins B4 bed, it may was that need2P feeling.

When I'm coming down from a panic attack I wee lots every 10 mins for hours  :-\

Lynda07

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 07:18:17 PM »

Thanks for replying CLKD. I’ll look into VA and treatments now you’ve mentioned that.

I don’t feel I’ve changed my liquid intake and drink a fair bit - mainly water or herbal tea - but these spates drive me mad.

I haven’t tried Nurofen.

It has crossed my mind it could be anxiety but I didn’t think I was too bad at the moment.

Thanks again.

Cara999

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 07:18:46 PM »

Before my VA set in this was my first symptom, needing the loo often during the night and going much more in the day, I'd leave the house get to Asda and need the loo again before coming home. I wish id started vaginal estrogen then as it may have prevented the awful symptoms which shortly followed!! My advice would be definitely try vaginal estrogen and hopefully you won't get to where I ended up xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 07:19:37 PM »

Hello Lynda. I also think it sounds like VA. Green tea made me need to wee non stop so I gave it up.  ;D

Lynda07

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 07:24:07 PM »

Thanks - just to be clear - VA is vaginal atrophy?

Cara999 that’s how I’ve been feeling today and it’s definitely happened before. Thanks for replying, would it be ok to ask what awful symptoms you got afterwards (don’t say if you don’t want to). xx

Thank you Flossieteacake, I may have to knock my herbal teas on the head.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 07:27:05 PM »

Sorry yes, VA is vaginal atrophy. There are many threads on here about it if you would like to read more. :)

Lynda07

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 07:28:18 PM »

Thanks again Flossieteacake, I’ll put a search in.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 07:29:12 PM »

Read 'the bladder' thread as well.  Make notes  ;)

Lynda07

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 07:33:46 PM »

I didn’t know about that one CLKD, very helpful, thanks so much.

Cara999

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2023, 10:18:48 PM »

Lymda07 I started with the frequent toilet trips, then came painful sex, watery discharge, trouble wearing underwear, sitting, hopefully it won't come to this for you, it was a long 6 months after this before I managed to get vaginal estrogen (they seemed to through everything else at me first, maybe my age, then 46) so the sooner for you the better just incase 🥰 xx

Lynda07

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2023, 12:16:17 PM »

That sounds awful for you Cara999. Thank you for replying, I asked in case I got any further symptoms as I like to be well informed with these things if I need to speak to my GP and until yesterday I didn't really know anything about VA other than a nurse mentioning it when I had a (very painful) smear.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2023, 12:23:35 PM »

Did the Nurse not advise on treatment?  :-\

Cara999

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2023, 06:18:08 PM »

Lynda07 I would have thought the nurse would have perhaps discussed it with you then!! I was never aware of it either and seemed my GP nor nurse did either as it was me after a long 6 months who suggested it after researching myself xx

Lynda07

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2023, 07:18:46 PM »

Sadly no, the Nurse seemed more offended I was telling her how unbelievably painful the smear was and told me it was most likely VA in rather a blame type of way. It was awful. She offered no advice at all, that said at a follow up smear (different and kinder nurse) when I mentioned the pain at the last one, again no offer of advice. This is why I’m grateful for information from you all now.
Pages: [1] 2