Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after 3-6 months on continuous hrt  (Read 729 times)

Salpine007

• First Flush
Bleeding after 3-6 months on continuous hrt
« on: March 20, 2023, 02:27:24 PM »

Hello I'm new on here I started on utrogestan 200mg and 25mcg estradot on cyclical May 2022. By August 2022 it had been 1 year since period stopped. My gp then increased me to 50mcg estradot with 100mg utrogestan onto continuous.  I understand bleeding can be sporadic as things settle and time frame 3-6 months however it's 7 months now and bleeding settling but still spotting -moderate bleed randomly . Maybe I should half the patch/drop to 25mcg or back to cyclical?

sheila99

Re: Bleeding after 3-6 months on continuous hrt
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 02:41:12 PM »

Why did you increase oestrogen? If your symptoms are controlled on 25 use that but if not I would stick to 50 and change the progesterone. Either another few months on sequi or you could use 25/28 which will allow a bleed if there's been a build up. You may not be meno as the year has to be whilst not on hormone treatment. Even then it's an arbitrary figure as some people do go longer than a year and then resume bleeding again, once or several times. Might be worth asking for a scan in case something else is causing it eg fibroids or polyps.

Salpine007

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 05:24:19 PM »

I went up to 50mcg patch and continuous after 3 months on 25mcg /200 utrogestan cyclical as I had reached 1 year no period . The 50mcg made me bleed straight away but I felt so much better no achy joints, brain fog improved , slept soundly no tinnitus Now Im worried as I think it was too soon to go on continous and feel frustrated my GP for suggesting this (been on continuous 7 months now)Ive just relocated from NZ to UK as I wait to get registered with a GP ive just cut the 50mch estradot patch in half . I feel terrible- dizzy headaches bleeding stopped though . Need to get on track with all this

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 06:12:34 PM »

The prescription for conti and sequi utro is practically the same so if you feel better on sequi I would do it this way with the 50patch. Your gp isn't watching how you take it. I agree they often seem to want you move to conti far too soon. I'm still on sequi at 62 because I get fatigue on utro, they don't like it much but have agreed to it (or perhaps realised I'd do it this way whether they like it or not  ::))