Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan continous hrt  (Read 514 times)

Michelle26

• First Flush
Utrogestan continous hrt
« on: March 17, 2023, 01:19:54 PM »

Hi brand new to here so hope I'm posting I'm the right place you seem to most knowledgeable about menopause subjects.
OK I'm 53 severed with severe endometriosis for 30yrs not had a hysterectomy.
I am pretty hormone reactive so have to be very careful.
I was started on low HRT 6yrs ago Evorel sequi patches with everol 50.
I was OK on it but still suffered with endometriosis and heavy bleeding, this did ease abit on the patches.
I suddenly 6mnths ago started extremely heavy bleeding and pain ongoing for sometimes up to 4wks!!
Which left me highly anemic and felt lousy.
My GP suggested at 53 I could go to continuous HRT so moved me to 100ml utrogestan daily and 100ml everol patch changed twice a week.
Only been on this regime 4days but I feel horrendous the bleeding has got worse, and I feel exhausted dizzy headache/migraines and sickness.
Can anyone advise if I should try to preserve or go back to my original hrt patches?
Does utrogestan get better and I guess I wasn't expecting another heavy bleeding as it was prescribed to stop this
So if I perserve will I eventually be bleeding free?
Any help would be so grateful 🙏
Thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan continous hrt
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 02:16:04 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. What was the reason you were given Evorel 50 when you were taking Evorel sequi? I may be wrong but I thought Evorel sequi was taken alone.

Please do not worry as you have come to the right place. There are many knowledgeable members on here and somebody with more understanding of this will reply to your post soon.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 02:23:04 PM »

I'm a bit confused too. A box of evorel sequi has 4 oestrogen only patches and 4 conti patches which contain both oestrogen and progesterone. The strength is 50mcg. Where you using one patch at a time (2 weeks evorel and 2 weeks conti) or were you using two patches (one evorel and one conti patch)? If the former your oestrogen dose has just doubled, if the latter you had insufficient progesterone as the conti patch has only enough for the oestrogen in that patch.

Ellie O

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 10:31:02 AM »

Hi. Perhaps you estrogen patch 100 mcg is too high dose? I would stay on 50 mcg patches and continuous Utrogestan. Continuous regime should make your periods lighter. Good luck!