Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Does HRT cause hip pain?  (Read 1107 times)

Hippychick

• First Flush
Does HRT cause hip pain?
« on: March 13, 2023, 07:28:43 PM »

Hi everyone
I've read a few posts about hip pain, but is it possible that HRT (everol sequi) could cause really severe hip pain?  Surely it would be in both hips though wouldn't it, not  just one sided?  Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does HRT cause hip pain?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 08:03:44 PM »

Hi!  Not necessarily in both sides.

I have suffered with R sciatica for years, I have to remember to kneel and not bend.  Thinking this was a problem at the end of last year, a physio told me that I have something else - name escapes me!  A bursisitis I think she said and showed me exercises.

HRT should not cause pains; as oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

How long have you been taking it?

Hippychick

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 08:17:10 PM »

Hi thanks for replying,
I've been on HRT (Conti first) since Oct 2021. Pain in foot started last Jan/Feb. Hip has always been a bit iffy but got worse over last year and really bad in Sept. Still got pain. It doesn't make sense that it would only be one side of it was HRT, but it was after reading some posts, it got me wondering. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 09:50:42 AM »

Morning.  Where about in the foot is the pain?  Dropped arches are common as we age.  Which will impact on the spine all the way up.  Maybe see a woman physio. for advice?

Charlie1970

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 10:14:31 AM »

Hi. Not sure about any links with HRT, but I had what was first diagnosed as an Achilles problem/plantil faciastis … had lots of physio and it made very little difference. The long and the short of it was after another diagnosis of bursist in my hip all on the same side they found (following genetic tests and MRI scan)  that I had a form of arthritis that causes inflammation around the ligaments and tendons, so I’m now on naproxin which helps. This took 2 years to diagnose (in the end privately). 

Suppose as our bodies get older we can develop other conditions unfortunately some of which could be independent of HRT :(

PS. Sorry for the poor spelling !

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »

Achilles heel and plantar fasciitis are very very painful, apart or together.  An injection can help with the latter.  OUCH!  ;). or insoles to protect that area.