Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding and body pain  (Read 1811 times)

Pauline67

Bleeding and body pain
« on: March 13, 2023, 10:55:36 AM »

Hello Ladies

After 5 months on Evorel Conti i started to have to bleed, at first very small amount of brown blood appeared, this lasted for the about 2 weeks then i had a light period for about 4 days, it then went back to small amounts of brown blood usually after ive been to the toilet for a poo and it is still happening,  this is now 4 weeks ive been like this.  I can cope with the period but what i cant cope with is the stomach pain i get in the morning and the shoulder and back and chest aches it hurts so such its a struggle getting out of bed some days.

The stomach aches disappears when i go to the toliet, but the body ache can last all day but they arnt as painful as the day goes on, i guess due to me moving about.  I read on the forum that HRT helps with body aches so i increased my patch (half) but this doesnt seem to of helped in any way. I seem to be getting a ok sleep but im also totally shattered every day.

Im hoping other Ladies have been through this and can give me some advice.

Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding and body pain
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 11:29:33 AM »

Awful.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

How old is your mattress?  How is your foot wear?  Wearing sensible shoes can help stablise the spine from bottom to top, flip flops or mules can cause the body to compensate = aches and pains.

Have U tried taking pain relief 20 mins B4 bed? 

Is the pain related to the bleed?  Usually a brown show is due to not enough hormone pushing the womb to 'empty' completely so it gets left behind.  Is it possible to up the dose a few times a week 2 C if that helps? 

How R your VitD levels as low can cause intense tiredness.

Pauline67

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 12:13:00 PM »

Awful.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

How old is your mattress?  How is your foot wear?  Wearing sensible shoes can help stablise the spine from bottom to top, flip flops or mules can cause the body to compensate = aches and pains.

Have U tried taking pain relief 20 mins B4 bed? 

Is the pain related to the bleed?  Usually a brown show is due to not enough hormone pushing the womb to 'empty' completely so it gets left behind.  Is it possible to up the dose a few times a week 2 C if that helps? 

How R your VitD levels as low can cause intense tiredness.

Hi CLKD

Thanks for your reply.

My matteress is 6 months old and a good quality one, also new pillows.  I wear slippers around the house and when i go out im wearing flat trainers.

I dont like taking pain killers but do so when the pain is really bad.

I dont think the pain is related to the bleed as i had tummy pain and slight body pain prior to bleeding , I have increased my patch 1 week ago so maybe its not long enough for it to kick in yet? 

As for the VitD levels ive no idea but i do take multi vitamins which gives me 10ug of VitD3 a day as well as alot more other vitamins and minerals.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 02:52:11 PM »

I would try taking pain relief B4 doing anything, on an 'in case' basis.  Also, I forget to kneel which causes acute sciatica  ::)

That's not a lot of VitD ....... I'll need to pull my packet from the cupboard to see what the GP prescribed.

Some find that they require a slight heel as they age ......... flats can pull the calves etc..  Oh the Joys  :D

Gigi1968

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 03:57:13 PM »

Hello there
I have the exact same issue, I started the evorel conti patches in June last year after changing from Kliovance tablets. I was getting on fine until January this year when I started to bleed, it was light to begin with then it became heavy and then more on than off and this carried on for six weeks, I was experiencing lower tummy pain (like period pain) I contacted the GP and they have advised me to stop the patches while waiting for a referral for a hysteroscopy, literally the following day after speaking to the GP the bleeding just stopped, it is now 4 days and it has completely stopped!  I have had this problem for 2 years now and the last time I had a hysteroscopy was last year in May and the biopsy was clear. 
I sympathise with you because I know how it feels.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 05:34:31 PM »

It's unlikely to be anything serious ......... fluctuating hormones.

Pauline67

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 09:21:55 AM »

Its now over 6 weeks and im still bleeding, it did stop for about 4 days but its started up again, brown blood and spotting and a very light period, no tummy pain or anything so its easy to put up with, but Should i start to get concerned now? or will this eventually stop as its only been 7 months on Evorel Conti. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pauline67

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2023, 11:14:58 AM »

Its now over 6 weeks and im still bleeding, it did stop for about 4 days but its started up again, brown blood and spotting and a very light period, no tummy pain or anything so its easy to put up with, but Should i start to get concerned now? or will this eventually stop as its only been 7 months on Evorel Conti. Any advice would be appreciated.

just bumping this, as its another 7 days and still bleeding (7 weeks now).  Advice please  :)

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 06:17:27 AM »

Hi Pauline. Breakthrough bleeding is common for the first six months on a conti HRT but as you have been on it for a bit longer than this I would get advice from your GP. You may need a scan to check that your lining hasn't built up too much. Did you increase the patch under medical supervision?

Taz x

Pauline67

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2023, 08:45:51 AM »

Hi Taz

I did speak to the doctor before increasing the patch to a extra half as i still had a few other symptoms and she said i could try it and see how i felt, which did make almost all the symptoms go. 

Im still feeling rubbish when i wake up but after 1 hour im fine and feel normal (ish) apart from the bleeding.

I will try and get a telephone appointment with my doctor but as we all know that could be weeks off.

**NB** made the appointment 22nd May :(  **
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 09:00:17 AM by Pauline67 »