Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Heart rate perimenopause  (Read 490 times)

MELANIEMCKENZIE4438

• First Flush
Heart rate perimenopause
« on: March 09, 2023, 03:52:12 PM »

Hi, I am in Peri menopause and since last July I can see my heart beating in my chest and neck and it freaks me out, I have started taking 25mg hrt patches for the last 5 weeks but no change yet. Has anyone else had an increased heart rate and has hrt helped? Thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Heart rate perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 03:56:31 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Heart palpitations are a common meno symptom so I hope that helps to reassure you a little. I notice you are on 25 patch. Do you also have progesterone? Women with a womb need to take progesterone along side oestrogen.

If you wish to, you can do a search in the search bar for increased heart rate and you will find many threads about this. You are not alone.

MELANIEMCKENZIE4438

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 04:02:38 PM »

Thank you, yes I am
On the coil as well. I was just wondering if a higher dose may help with the increased heart rate and if it should settle again after menopause?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 04:10:15 PM »

Thank you, yes I am
On the coil as well. I was just wondering if a higher dose may help with the increased heart rate and if it should settle again after menopause?

I agree you are on a low dose of oestrogen. If you are a person who is sensitive to medication changes then you may want to wait a little longer before increasing. Often they say to leave it for 3 months before you will know if it is helping.

MELANIEMCKENZIE4438

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 07:07:09 PM »

Okay thanks I will be patient and give it a little longer