Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: High testosterone and stroke risk?  (Read 565 times)

Chi chi

High testosterone and stroke risk?
« on: March 02, 2023, 11:36:29 AM »

Hi everyone, hope you’re all well!
Some may remember me from a few years ago? Anyway since then I decided to stop my HRT to see what my body was doing, I restarted a couple of years ago and was getting estradiol and tostran gels with Utrogesten from my GP.
I’ve been happily bobbing along (no questions from GP) using 2 pumps of estradiol, 1 pump of tostran everyday and the Utrogesten probably every 3/4 months 😬 ( progesterone intolerant), like I said no questions from my GP or blood test requests.
I had to change GP surgeries as they moved and now my new GP’s won’t prescribe me the tostran 😩 they had to refer me to an endocrinologist as I have a mass on one of my adrenal glands which needed to be investigated (all normal and hasn’t grown) 👍🏽 and said to discuss the use of testosterone with them and they could maybe prescribe it me.
The endocrinologist has said I need to stop the testosterone as my levels are far too high and I’m at serious risk of stroke etc! This has obviously scared me but I’m also very reluctant to stop as I feel it’s the testosterone that has really benefited me the most! She says according to my recent blood tests my blood is thicker than it should be.
I’m not too sure of the ranges but I think for testosterone in women it’s something around 2 and mine was 7 then 5. While I was under Professor Studd it was 8, he never mentioned stroke risks etc?
Now I’m at a loss as to what to do? I’ve tried searching the Internet and I’m getting mixed results?
I’m thinking of going back to Proff Studd’s practice to see what their view is regarding risks etc but wondered if anyone on here is in the same boat or has any advice?
Thank you as always 😊

sheila99

Re: High testosterone and stroke risk?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 03:54:16 PM »

One pump every day is a lot, the usual prescription is every other day (that's what I use), some people use it less often. I don't know about stroke risk but perhaps try every other day and see how you feel.

Chi chi

Re: High testosterone and stroke risk?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 05:17:01 PM »

I’d be more than happy do to every other day! I think their problem is me going over the nhs ref range for women. For me personally I think that’s too low and I need to be higher to feel the benefits.
I’ve been trying to make my last canister last so since before Christmas I’m using less than half a pump I’d say every other day and I’m noticing the difference in how I feel. The endocrinologist is sending me for blood tests hopefully next week to see what my level is and also a fbc to check if my blood is still too thick.
I suppose my question is, is anyone else currently using tostran and is above the ref range?
Thanks for the reply 😊