Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie perimenopauser just prescribed Evorel25  (Read 1121 times)

MrsHormoans

• First Flush
Newbie perimenopauser just prescribed Evorel25
« on: February 28, 2023, 03:26:57 PM »

Hi Everyone 👋
New to this forum & thought I'd introduce myself & see if anyone can relate & if have been prescribed the same HRT as me & would like to share their experience?
I'm 47 in a few days time and felt like I've been experiencing perimenopausal symptoms for the past few years. Tried several times to get help and support from gp in the past who obsessed over my age & blood test results & told too young to be perimenopausal and bloods tests showed no hormone changes and most likely related to depression and anxiety, which I have suffered from following pnd & taken medication for the past 16 years (currently taking Venlafaxine & Promazine) The last 6 months a variety of perimenopausal symptoms have ramped up in and I felt at rock bottom with depression and anxiety to the point of not being able to get out of bed some days & not leaving the house alone. Thank God for my husband for his unwavering support and encouraging me to visit gp (even took the stress out of getting an appointment by phoning for days to arrange an appointment for me, came with me too) Anyway had a face to face appointment with gp this morning and went prepared with a list of all the symptoms I was experiencing and the types of supplements, creams & meds I take to try help as suspected I wouldn't be able to relay all the info I needed to them as can be forgetful and tearful at the best of times!
GP was wonderful, she listened, questioned & explained, read my list & gave my tissues to wipe up the tears & prescribed me HRT patches (Evorel 25) & told me to return for a review in 3 months time. I came out feeling heard & relieved and after visiting 2 seperate chemists was able to get the HRT I was prescribed, although pharmacist unable to fulfill all the orders amount so came away with 4 months worth, instead of 6 due to stick shortages, which gp did warn me about. Came home read the medication box and information leaflet from inside & put patch on my upper thigh needing to change it twice a week. For my own peace of mind googled the HRT I'd been given and discovered that it only contains the oestrogen female hormone (estradiol) 1.6mg that releases 25mcg everyday. I'm aware that this is a low dose, but fine to begin on this with looking to increase it if required in the future, but was surprised that the patches don't contain progesterone as I'm sure gp said that she was going to prescribe that also with oestrogen as I have a womb,  but doubting self as I was upset during times of the appointment. Have I misunderstood or has anyone else experienced being prescribed Everol25 oestrogen only patches at the beginning of taking HRT? Would also like to know if you benefitted from using the patches at this dose.
If you've read this far without falling asleep, then thank you & sorry to have gone on a bit, have no mum or female friends to confide in & just felt like I needed to give you some background & get stuff off my chest. Looking forward to being part of a community that is experiencing the same/similar. Lots of love 😘

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie perimenopauser just prescribed Evorel25
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 04:24:49 PM »

Hi Everyone 👋
New to this forum & thought I'd introduce myself & see if anyone can relate & if have been prescribed the same HRT as me & would like to share their experience?

I'm 47 in a few days time and felt like I've been experiencing perimenopausal symptoms for the past few years.

:welcomemm:

Tried several times to get help and support from gp in the past who obsessed over my age & blood test results & told too young to be perimenopausal and bloods tests showed no hormone changes and most likely related to depression and anxiety, which I have suffered from following pnd & taken medication for the past 16 years (currently taking Venlafaxine & Promazine)
. Another lazy and mis-informed GP!  No lady is 'too young' to be peri.  GPs should be taught that some girls don't ever have a period, some menstruate for a short while then nowt.  Some ladies begin noticing changes as young as 38 .......

The last 6 months a variety of perimenopausal symptoms have ramped up in and I felt at rock bottom with depression and anxiety to the point of not being able to get out of bed some days & not leaving the house alone. Thank God for my husband for his unwavering support and encouraging me to visit gp (even took the stress out of getting an appointment by phoning for days to arrange an appointment for me, came with me too)
.    :medal:   4 the husband.  Mine is good too  :-*

I wouldn't be able to relay all the info I needed to them as can be forgetful and tearful at the best of times!

GP was wonderful, she listened, questioned & explained,
  that's good!

If you have a womb you will need some form of progesterone.  Hopefully someone will be along who has an HRT regime so can give advice.  Start on the patch anyway ....... best to begin on a low dose so that your own hormones aren't overwhelmed.

If you've read this far without falling asleep. not yet  :D.  Browse round.  Ask away.  U could check with your GP or local Pharmacist if no one pops up here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:31:14 PM by CLKD »

Ladyluck

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 04:28:04 PM »

Hi
I'm New here myself and 47 .
I've been fighting for a few year's
I've been prescribed Evorel Conti Patches twice weekly.
These were the best thing since sliced bread in the beginning ( I'm on my 3rd prescription) with the hot flashes and sleeping
But over the 6 weeks or so I've been bleeding like periods for a week or 2 days ect
I'm confused and can't get hold of the doctors

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 04:32:56 PM »

All surgeries are open for business.  So if people are having problems they need to contact their Practice Manager by visiting the premises or sending an e-mail.  As well as writing to their MP!

Sometimes replacement therapy needs to be hiked, especially if hormones take over!  You could put an extra patch on mid-week Ladyluck to see how it affects the bleeding.

Ladyluck

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 04:39:13 PM »

I'd thought of the extra patch,but scared of hormone overdose lol

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 04:41:01 PM »

U can't 'overdose' per se, by adding a little extra it may be enough to stop any bleeding. 

MrsHormoans

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 04:48:48 PM »

Thanks for the welcome & advice CLKD, much appreciated 🤗 & thank you also LADYLUCK, for sharing your experience & I really hope  you are able to get a gp appointment soon, definitely act on CLKD's advice and contact drs via email or in person - good luck 🤞🏻💞

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 06:27:58 PM »

If you have a womb you need progesterone to keep the lining thin. I think you need to contact your gp.

Ladyluck - were you meno (1 year without a bleed)  before you started on evorel conti? Conti is for those who are menopausal, if you're not you should be on sequi and have a scheduled bleed. It can take 3-6 months for a new conti regime to settle and some bleeding isn't unexpected during this time.