Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Too scared to go for next DEXA  (Read 4644 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Too scared to go for next DEXA
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2023, 06:30:42 PM »

I have to admit I am struggling. Decades of illness and surgery, structural issues and pain, dizziness and random unexplainable symptoms. I have to admit this isn't how I saw my life going, it doesn't allow me to be who I am/was and I can't see the point. If my mum and dad weren't alive I wouldn't care if I died. My life is at a standstill. I don't have my own kids (stepkids of 25 yrs) and I am having a temporary break from work. I have the best husband in the world but I just feel like I am ruining his life with my problems. He deserves someone with life and enthusiasm. I am dragging him down.

You are going through so much and it is understandable you feel this way. Please do not think you are dragging your husband down. Imagine if it was the other way round and your husband was going through this. You would not feel he is dragging you down and he does not think that about you either.

It is so tough having many health difficulties. Have you ever considered therapy? I think it could really help. It is such a lot to take in for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2023, 06:40:56 PM »

I have the best husband in the world but I just feel like I am ruining his life with my problems. He deserves someone with life and enthusiasm. I am dragging him down.. Ask him!  Tell him that you are worried = that you feel that you are 'dragging him down'.  You may well be surprised!  DH adopted the attitude : It is What it Is : which is DC's tag line ;-)

His words or your depression/guilt talking? It's The Change - does what it says on the tin.  I found that writing a list each evening enabled me to tick off what I had done - anything left over went onto the next list.  What I could see what that life was static for weeks, then suddenly I was doing more as my ADs kicked in. 

MIND charity were helpful when I needed support in 2016, my GP and husband have been great.  Half a day at a time, don't look too far forwards.  Let your body heal.  This too will pass.

jaypo

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 06:43:48 PM »

I agree with the others,no way are you dragging him down, I bet he'd be so hurt if he knew you thought that way  :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3]