Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patch increase  (Read 752 times)

Nas

Patch increase
« on: February 19, 2023, 09:57:02 PM »

Hi ladies
So, I’ve been on the evorel 75 patch for 2.5 years now. I felt that I wasn’t absorbing enough of the oestrogen, so requested an increase to 100. This was done but I found that i couldn’t tolerate the increase, so asked to drop down to 75 and it was.

Fast forward a few weeks, feeling like I need more oestrogen, I ask for the increase  Once again, this was granted.
But, I hate the size of the 100 patch and again, I’m getting tummy ache and irritability.

Grrh what do I do? I tried cutting a slither off the 100 and the damm thing wouldn’t stick.

I can’t ring the surgery again and request a decrease, they will kill me!

In hindsight I should have stuck with the 75 and requested a blood test to check oestrogen levels.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 09:58:43 PM by Nas »

Emzib0b

Re: Patch increase
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 10:29:05 PM »

Could you ask your GP for some 25’s to cut in half so you could try 87.5mcg?

Alternatively Tegaderm film is fantastic for keeping stubborn patches stuck down!

Betsy123

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 05:30:20 PM »

What are the symptoms you are having that make you feel you need to increase the patches?

Nas

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 05:51:30 PM »

All sorted. Back on 75 again.

Betsy, I just never feel that great on these patches. I am post menopause and will have 1 good day, then 2 rubbish days. I’ve also been prescribed lenzetto to trial again but 3 sprays only equates to a 50 patch apparently.

Betsy123

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 08:12:54 PM »

I know what you mean, I am 53 and assuming I am past peri. 50 patches were great at the start (sequi)then switched to continuous with 25 patch and 100 utragestran due to anxiety on progesterone patch .  Had anxiety on and off since with fluctuations in blood pressure which is when I feel dreadful. Upped back to 50 then to 75 in November. Felt dreadful on and off for 18 months. Cant work out if I need more oestragon or less. Is it dropping oestragon that causes palpitations?

Nas

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 08:28:55 PM »

Yes that’s exactly how I feel Betsy, it’s like a rollercoaster that doesn’t ever stop. Im so sick of it all.

Palpitations are usually caused by low oestrogen, but be mindful that high oestrogen can cause some unpleasant symptoms too.

The only way to truly know what’s going on, is to stop HRT and wait. You will soon know what symptoms you are being hit with.

Betsy123

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 10:22:56 PM »

I have tried that a couple of times and then get in a mess with it all. Just had a really awful hot flush feeling followed by the chills, know how you feel it’s definitely a rollercoaster. Thanks

Clarella

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 06:55:00 AM »

My experience going up a patch with the higher levels is that it really can take a good 3-4 months for things to even out.

My other experience has been that as I raised patches I think my own oestrogen has slowly dwindled based on blood tests. But I’m better now than on the lower patches - possibly more even? I’m 46 and went into hrt peri. I think I’m still a bit peri, hard to say.