Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Irregular Bleed  (Read 1914 times)

Melp

Irregular Bleed
« on: February 17, 2023, 12:11:17 PM »

Hello everyone, I am new to the Forum and would like some advice please! As you all probably know it is hard to speak or even see a doctor at the moment. However i spoke to a horrible lady Dr yesterday via phone, (the same Dr I went to see in my early 40s regarding perimenopause who told me all women go through it go home and get on with it)!!, I explained that I am approaching my 3 months of being on the Evorel Conti hrt patches and that I've just experienced an irregular bleed that lasted 3 days. She told me to cone straight off HRT and she would book me in for a scan as I may have womb cancer but this scan cannot be done till 6 weeks. I was left worried all night but decided to keep the patch on and to get a 2nd opinion this morning. I registered my concern on the gp app this morning to get a reply of your problem is not considered urgent we will be in contact at the next available appointment!! Now I don't know what to do. Do I leave the patch on or remove for the 6 weeks? I really need to speak to a professional but don't know where to turn 😕

Flossieteacake

Re: Irregular Bleed
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 01:08:45 PM »

Hello Melp and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you have such an awful GP. It is common to bleed for the first months of starting HRT. To say you may have cancer is a very horrible thing to say to you and will have made you so worried. It is so sad so many GPs have this dismissive attitude towards menopause.

Funny how you were told this is not urgent and you will be contacted when the first GP said you must have cancer! If it were me I would continue with the patches as many women bleed when starting HRT. You will have advice from other members too.

I am glad you have found us. You will find lots of support on here.

Melp

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 01:44:15 PM »

Thank you for your reply and kind words that means a lot to me. I will continue with the patches and maybe speak to a pharmacist in the meantime. 😊

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 02:08:54 PM »

Thank you for your reply and kind words that means a lot to me. I will continue with the patches and maybe speak to a pharmacist in the meantime. 😊

You are most welcome. Good idea to speak to the pharmacist. :)

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 03:06:41 PM »

Some bleeding can be expected in the first 3-6 months of a new conti regime. Were you meno (1 year without a bleed) before you started on hrt? Just wondering if it might be your own period. I was told best to come off just in case but the decision was mine. Very few scans result in cáncer being found so perhaps depends on your attitude to risk and how bad you are without it. I stayed on it.

Melp

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 05:22:56 PM »

Hello, thank you for the advice. Luckily my Dr has just phoned me and has told me to come off HRT as a precautionary measure to rule all possibilities out. My Dr is an ex gynaecologist so explained it all very well and now I understand.  Shame though as just got to 3 months but better to be on the safe side and get checked out 😊

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 06:06:33 PM »

Hello everyone, I am new to the Forum and would like some advice please! As you all probably know it is hard to speak or even see a doctor at the moment. However i spoke to a horrible lady Dr yesterday via phone, (the same Dr I went to see in my early 40s regarding perimenopause who told me all women go through it go home and get on with it)!!, I explained that I am approaching my 3 months of being on the Evorel Conti hrt patches and that I've just experienced an irregular bleed that lasted 3 days. She told me to cone straight off HRT and she would book me in for a scan as I may have womb cancer but this scan cannot be done till 6 weeks. I was left worried all night but decided to keep the patch on and to get a 2nd opinion this morning. I registered my concern on the gp app this morning to get a reply of your problem is not considered urgent we will be in contact at the next available appointment!! Now I don't know what to do. Do I leave the patch on or remove for the 6 weeks? I really need to speak to a professional but don't know where to turn 😕
  I was first prescribed Evorel Cont in 2019 and was advised by the meno consultant that bleeding during the first 6 months was absolutely normal and no concern. I didn't need any investigation until mine continued beyond that time.

Melp

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 09:17:57 AM »

Thanks for letting me know. I have heard its quite normal to bleed in the early months but I suppose the doctors have a duty of care and are being precautions. Hope all went ok with you Katejo since 2019.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 11:07:48 AM »

I see from your other post that you are on Evorel sequi HRT not conti? Is this correct as it may change the advice given.

Do you get a regular withdrawal bleed each month?

Taz x    :welcomemm:

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 10:19:46 PM »

Thanks for letting me know. I have heard its quite normal to bleed in the early months but I suppose the doctors have a duty of care and are being precautions. Hope all went ok with you Katejo since 2019.
My bleeding only started after 3 months and did continue beyond a year so I had to have a hysteroscopy but nothing was found.

Melp

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023, 12:04:03 AM »

I see from your other post that you are on Evorel sequi HRT not conti? Is this correct as it may change the advice given.

Do you get a regular withdrawal bleed each month?

Taz x    :welcomemm:

Hi Taz, I am getting myself all confused. I am on the Evorel patches that contain both the evorel 50 patch and the conti as still having regular periods and need both hormones to protect the womb. My doctor explained it could be that I had too much oestrogen in my body and the progesterone was not enough to protect the lining of the womb so hence the irregular bleed. But hoping that if all is OK to go back on hrt as all my symptoms are starting to come back and now realise how much the hrt really did help.

Melp

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2023, 12:13:06 AM »

My bleeding only started after 3 months and did continue beyond a year so I had to have a hysteroscopy but nothing was found.

Hi Katejo, I have read its quite normal to bleed whilst on hrt especially if taking both hormones. I dont think it's anything to worry about, the docs are just being cautious however it was going so well and I was really starting to feel the benefits of hrt and then this happens..absolutely gutted!