Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Endometrial Biopsy  (Read 1344 times)

mforest

Endometrial Biopsy
« on: February 16, 2023, 05:35:42 PM »

Hi, I’m new here and grateful to have found such insight. Not sure I posted in correct forum.

Trying to make informed decision about having a biopsy???
I’m 54 perimenopausal, last year started skipping periods (2-3months) no spotting or heavy bleeds. 
Last natural cycle two months ago, ultrasound right before period lining was 7mm.  Dr put me on bio progesterone 14 day cyclic. 
Ultrasound yesterday week after withdrawal bleed lining 5mm. No polyps or fibroids, although ovaries have shrunk since last ultrasound. 
Dr. suggested biopsy: advanced age, still bleeding etc. 
She keeps asking if I have hot flashes, I don’t, some light warm spells but no night sweats. 
Also confused with progesterone for cyclic bleeds to shed lining when do you stop to see if you’re in menopause?

Thanks

flossie fiddler

Re: Endometrial Biopsy
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 09:08:32 AM »

Regarding biopsy, I’ve had 2, as was having bleeds. The first one was fine, the second one showed an intra-uterine polyp that didn’t show up on the ultrasound, so it was removed. Seems that it was the cause of the bleeding.

sheila99

Re: Endometrial Biopsy
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 10:33:56 AM »

Time your gp stopped believing in fairy stories - like the one that says everyone is meno by 54 (some are in their early 60s) and that everyone has hot flushes. Do have any reason to think the bleeds aren't either your own periods or hrt induced ones? It's up to you if you want to have a biopsy (there's always a chance they'll find something even without symptoms) but I bet if you were 5 years younger they wouldn't suggest it.
As you know the only way to find out if you're meno is to stop hrt which most people choose not to do because symptoms usually return. If you started skipping periods last year it's unlikely you're meno now.