Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Best herb/Vit/ supl for anxiety  (Read 5120 times)

Madeline

Best herb/Vit/ supl for anxiety
« on: February 14, 2023, 08:47:36 PM »

Hi girls.

After years of being up and down on hrt I've decided to stop and see what happens.

My main concern is anxiety which was through the roof initially.

Any advice please.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 11:53:50 PM by Madeline »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Best herb supplement for anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 08:52:17 PM »

An anti-anxiety medication, or an anti-depressant known to ease anxiety surges.

I used Valium under GP guidance : 10mg x 3 times a day for 3 weeks followed by 5mg x 2, down to 5mg as necessary.  Taken the night B4 an event that I was able to get out off and I never needed the 5mg the next day. 

Betablockas can help too, taken at night to ease any early morning surges. 

How is your diet over all as low blood sugar can cause surges.  That awful walking hormone cortisol can be to blame.

Why did U begin HRT? 

Madeline

Re: Best herb /vit /supplement for anxiety
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 11:48:39 PM »

Thanks for the reply CLKD. tbh i want to try something other than medication as I've been on them in they past and dont like them.

I was in the health shop today and the lady there recommended Rhodiola.. Said it was good for stress. Wonder head anyone tried it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Best herb/Vit/ supl for anxiety
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 09:39:56 AM »

You may be our guinea pig then let us know how long it eases symptoms for. 

Some 'alternatives' interact with other medications, were you asked whether you take anything else?  Because a produce is 'natural', doesn't mean that it doesn't come with risks i.e. belladonna  ::)

VitD however, bought over the counter has been tested and is recommended by the NHS.  I was very tired for several months and my levels were too low to function  :-\

Madeline

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 11:20:15 AM »

Thanks CLKD.

No I am not any other medications. I am very sensitive to meds. I have been told to take children's doses as I seem to absorb so easily.

I have ordered what HelloSam666 suggested the GABA orange chewies. These seem to help with sleep and anxiety with no side affects from what I have checked. So hopefully these will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Sure its a ongoing challenge eh this HRT and getting older , think its a case of wading through it one day at a time the best we can x

vintagefiend

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 04:36:17 PM »

hey madeline,

hope you're ok and that the gaba chewies help you- I'm new to the alternative area of MM and it's good to hear of the various possible treatments- I'll make a mental note of chewies :)

just wanted to say that, like you, I'm ridiculously sensitive to the various HRTs and some meds.
In fact I have no ovaries so should be lapping up the conventional stuff but it's all too much!!
Up until today I wasn't on anything- recently stopped estradot after years of perseverence as feeling awful/anxious/depressed on it
but I need something!

to that end, as of today, I'm trying otc prog cream and already I can feel it (and people will say it has no effect!!), but I'll stick with it then consider some form of oestrogen

anyway that's all rather long-winded sorry. in regards to anxiety I've bought Dr Berg's cortisol support remedy- should receive tomorrow as I figured could be worth a try. so I'll keep you posted
and good luck x

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 06:11:25 PM »

My acupuncturist suggested Aconite for anxiety. You can buy it online from Weleda.

I use Magnesium supplements to help with relaxation. Epsom salts in bath, magnesium spray and capsules. I started taking the capsules at night but they played havoc with my digestion and left me running for the loo first thing in the morning so I have stopped them for now.