Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should I stay or should I go now -So I stopped HRT and this is my outcome  (Read 1616 times)

Madeline

Hi sheila 99,

I'm so happy you are in a good place and feeling better on it. x

For me Before I went on it I was suffering awful awful anxiety, and basically all the symptoms, insomina, hot flushes etc etc. When I went on hrt within 2 days it dramatically helped me. I was so grateful.

But as times went on I could see it cured some problems but was causing others and even month was a case of trying to balance my hormones which was a constant battle.

I'm glad I stopped as it gave me a chance o see where my body was at, and at the minute I am better off without it. Of course I'm under no illusion that that could change next month but I do feel now, I would try alterative medicine than returning back to HRT.

To be honest it kinda felt like my body just wasn't accepting these artificial hormones. x

Madeline

Thank you for this update Madeline. It is so good to hear you are feeling happy again. :)

Thank you flossieteacake.  Yes Thank god. How are you feeling these days?

Hurdity

Glad you're feeling fine for now Madeline and I hope it lasts.

Just to say that when I last stopped HRT about 12 years ago, it took 3 months for symptoms to return so I restarted and stayed on it - but if you are properly post-menopausal, you may be one of the lucky women whose symptoms do not return!

Fingers crossed!

Hurdity x

Madeline

Thank you hurdity x

Yes I've read that a few times, the 3months mark seems to be the point of return of symptoms.

I'm holding tight  ;D. For now I'll just enjoy what I have and take it from there.

Ill keep you updated with an honest update girls as I know a few of you are in the same boat as me.

xx

Kathleen

Hello Madeline

Thank you for taking the time to update the forum.

I am so pleased that you have done well in coming off HRT and I am sure that will be a comfort to other ladies who want to give it a try.

I have been post meno for a long time and a few years ago I decided that HRT wasn't helping as much as I hoped so over the course of six months I reduced the gel and then stopped altogether. After about two weeks I noticed a return of night sweats and flushes and signs of VA but these were all fairly mild. I would have persisted but I found the emotional symptoms very troubling and eventually I decided to try HRT again.
 Recently I have experimented with a low dose which I find controls all the physical symptoms and although still emotional I think I am seeing some improvement. My point is that HRT may not be an all or nothing treatment and if things do get difficult a low or very low dose may be all you need.

I am seeing a Consultant soon and he is a big fan of 'less is more' and claims great success with his patients, some using very low doses on alternate days.

I hope things continue to go well and take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Enjoy this time whilst you feel well.  U may never need HRT if your hormones have evened out.

Let us know how you get on!

Madeline

Hello Madeline

Thank you for taking the time to update the forum.

I am so pleased that you have done well in coming off HRT and I am sure that will be a comfort to other ladies who want to give it a try.

I have been post meno for a long time and a few years ago I decided that HRT wasn't helping as much as I hoped so over the course of six months I reduced the gel and then stopped altogether. After about two weeks I noticed a return of night sweats and flushes and signs of VA but these were all fairly mild. I would have persisted but I found the emotional symptoms very troubling and eventually I decided to try HRT again.
 Recently I have experimented with a low dose which I find controls all the physical symptoms and although still emotional I think I am seeing some improvement. My point is that HRT may not be an all or nothing treatment and if things do get difficult a low or very low dose may be all you need.

I am seeing a Consultant soon and he is a big fan of 'less is more' and claims great success with his patients, some using very low doses on alternate days.

I hope things continue to go well and take care.

K.

hi kathleen,

Well isn't that interesting. I'm so glad that you have the physical symptoms under control with this method . They sound like a great consultant, willing to try different things with you. I've tried 2 consultants and they just say take more, take more. With regards to the emotional symptoms, Its so hard when you just don't feel in control of your emotions . Meno plays havoc with our heads doesn't it.  :'(. there is a natural herbal tablet called Saffron. Check it out. Viridan do one with no binders or fillers in it. Its supposed to be a natural anti depressant. I have it here on standby haha.

I hope things keep improving for you kathleen, and thank you for that information, I might be back onto you for more xx

Madeline

Enjoy this time whilst you feel well.  U may never need HRT if your hormones have evened out.

Let us know how you get on!

Thank you CLKD, please god xx
Pages: 1 [2]