Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Chin hair?  (Read 1145 times)

Berto77

Chin hair?
« on: February 08, 2023, 09:28:11 AM »

I'm 45 and I've been on HRT for about a year and a half now Evoral 50 and Utrogestan 12 days a month. I have had a lot of symptoms go away most noticably feeling awful all the time, joint pain, irregular bleeding and the bone deep fatigue I had. I had noticed the odd white courses hair on my chin prior to going on HRT but even on the patches I notice I am still getting these hairs and even some longer, not so course dark hairs on my chin. I have never been bothered with facial hair in the past, I am the least hair woman you could meet, I have zero under arm hair naturally. I thought the HRT would also help stop the chin hairs but it seems to be getting worse. Will it just keep getting worse with more hair? Does this mean I don't have enough estrogen?

Flossieteacake

Re: Chin hair?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 09:43:41 AM »

It could just be nature. I too have chin hair.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 09:53:03 AM »

I started a thread about this years ago - I'll bump it.

Berto77

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 09:56:47 AM »

Thanks for replying, I know some women are always more hairy but I have never been until now which makes me think its hormonal and related to my being perimenopausal. I just wondered if more estrogen would mean less chin hair? I just think in my case chin hair = hormone imbalance or lack which is understandable given my age but I'd like to know and if possible correct it.

Berto77

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 09:57:18 AM »

I started a thread about this years ago - I'll bump it.
Thanks, I will have a read!

VanillaLover

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 10:16:22 AM »

From talking to my friends same age as me or older (I’m nearly 47)….sorry no it’s nothing to do with HRT it just happens as you age.

I have just realised that my leg hair (was very thick and dark) is now really sparse and patchy….about 2/3 of it has just decided to stop growing!

It’s normal I think. I dread to think where the leg hair will “pop up” instead…….

Berto77

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 11:15:58 AM »

@vanillalover Hmm, I think I'd like to understand the mechanism by which aging causes this hair to grow, anything I read seems to say its down to hormones so I'd just like to understand what is going on. Ideally we'd be able to get our hormone levels monitored but that doesn't seem to be available to most women.

Ayesha

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 12:36:13 PM »

It’s normal I think. I dread to think where the leg hair will “pop up” instead…….

From someone much older I can confirm the hair will migrate to your chin. My legs are very smooth!  ;D

Berto77 Good luck with your research, I hope you will come back to the forum and inform us of any interesting findings!

VanillaLover

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 04:54:33 PM »

Men get it too, my husband nowadays has little hair growing on legs now. It’s migrated to eyebrows, ears, nose, etc etc.

I think excess testosterone in females (such as in PCOS, which is to be renamed this year I was reading), can cause excess hair on face. Not sure whether “female” hormones have anything to do with it as such.

VanillaLover

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 04:57:44 PM »

I would love to be be able to see my hormones levels in real time btw! I think it would be very helpful. Unless you are well into menopause then unfortunately hormone blood tests are only a snapshot of the situation and can change dramatically day to day, hour to hour.

Turkish delight

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2023, 05:49:40 PM »

One word....Laser!

The at-home Philips one is a game changer.

TD