Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Question about changing patches  (Read 611 times)

Flossieteacake

Question about changing patches
« on: February 06, 2023, 08:26:58 AM »

I was thinking, they say a patch lasts four days but we are told to change them twice a week which is one on the third day and another on the fourth day. If we changed them every four days then we would make our supplies last a little longer.

I realise this post may sound dumb but I was just wondering why we are not told to change them every four days.🤔

VanillaLover

Re: Question about changing patches
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 09:11:30 AM »

I honestly believe it’s done that way just so that it’s “easier” for women to remember with changing the things same days every week!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 09:17:13 AM »

I honestly believe it’s done that way just so that it’s “easier” for women to remember with changing the things same days every week!

That is a good point!  :)

Songbird

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »

Know what you mean Flossie. It's really strange but I really start to feel as if the patch stops being effective after 3 days so i change every 3.5 days (Tues bedtime and Sat morning). It might be just me  ;D

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 10:59:27 AM »

Know what you mean Flossie. It's really strange but I really start to feel as if the patch stops being effective after 3 days so i change every 3.5 days (Tues bedtime and Sat morning). It might be just me  ;D

Changing every 3.5 days is a good idea and means the levels are more constant.  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 11:00:14 AM »

Medical patches always have a few times more content than is dispensed into the body, the dose won't dip before day 4 is all they are saying, so change it while it is still in peak giving mode.

I tried hrt patches because I've other patches which just do the job beautifully when I use them and my digestive system doesn't work the best so I know I'll get the medicine regardless. The excess is designed for the bin, the excess being the most part of it, there are even instructions on giving them back to the pharmacy to dispose of because of the amount left in them.

Having said that I still changed it monday mornings and thursday evenings with hrt patches, just to be fair to each patch.

Thank you for explaining that.  :)

VanillaLover

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 11:24:55 AM »

If you look at the graph from the manufacturers the idea is that even after you remove the old patch it will take a few hours for the oestrogen levels to fall in your body. At the same time the new patch is ramping up delivery (take a few hours to get going). They are designed to give a constant dose and yes they are good for the full four days.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 11:45:53 AM »

If you look at the graph from the manufacturers the idea is that even after you remove the old patch it will take a few hours for the oestrogen levels to fall in your body. At the same time the new patch is ramping up delivery (take a few hours to get going). They are designed to give a constant dose and yes they are good for the full four days.

Thank you. I may try changing every four days just so my supply lasts longer.  :)