Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: First time taking oestrogel  (Read 543 times)

ShirleyTails

• First Flush
First time taking oestrogel
« on: January 27, 2023, 12:59:51 PM »

Hello! I’m about to start on my hrt journey, I have oestragel and progesterone pills, all good so far… my question is… I am still having periods, should I wait until the first day of my period to start taking the oestragel and count the days from then before taking the progesterone from then, or can I just start taking the oestragel? I was expecting my period to have started already, and these hot moments are keeping we awake at night, so I’m v keen to start  the treatment… should I wait?? I can’t find any info on line to clarify… ? Thank you

Dotty

Re: First time taking oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 01:20:19 PM »

Hi welcome to the forum 😊.

I think if your periods are very irregular then you can start the Oestrogel straightaway . Count that as your first day and start the Utrogestan on day 15. Make a note of the date and start the Utrogestan on that date every month .

ShirleyTails

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 01:28:26 PM »

Thank you. They have usually been pretty regular, every 30 ish days, but now I am waiting for it, it’s late… how typical ?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »

I found life so much easier when the hrt cycle and my own were aligned. If it was me I would wait another week or 2, if it doesn't materialise start the gel but start counting from the first day of your bleed so it's in step for the next cycle.