Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Blood tests  (Read 387 times)

Kaz210909

Blood tests
« on: January 18, 2023, 05:00:33 PM »

Hi all,

So my blood tests have come back today and the doctor says they're borderline, so it is likely I'm symptomatic for perimenopause.
But as I'm under 45 they need to repeat the blood tests again in 6 weeks and then have a discussion about possible treatment and what happens next.

I hope I can get this sorted soon as I've never had such a long stretch of bad sleep in my life.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Blood tests
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 05:09:21 PM »

They do not need to repeat blood tests  ::).  These are reliably un-reliable.

You are probably peri-menopausal which your GP should be treating if necessary.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/syptom diary of use to chart progress. Which symptom would you like to ease first? 

Kaz210909

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 05:35:02 PM »

Hi CLKD,
My biggest issue at the moment is being hot at night and occasional night sweats which is causing me to have bad interrupted sleep, so I'm so tired at the moment.

I'm not having issues with hot flashes during the day as such but do tend to run a bit on the warm side. The grumpiness before my periods, headaches and bleeding gums I can deal with at the moment as they aren't too bad.

But I feel like I'm being made to jump through hoops just because I'm a couple of years under what they deem to be the appropriate age.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 06:21:33 PM »

Ah you have another tread  :-\  ....... U probably are being expected to jump through hoops.  Perhaps send a note to the Practice Manager ?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 06:25:18 PM »

I think you need to be firm and insist on trying HRT. It is unfair they are putting you through all this. I started HRT at 38 and many women take HRT under the age of 45.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 06:28:46 PM »

Hi if you’re under 45 then the advice is to have a blood test to test levels and to repeat in six weeks. However, your GP should look at your symptoms too.