Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Told to stop evorol conit patches straight away  (Read 633 times)

Dawnyc

• First Flush
Told to stop evorol conit patches straight away
« on: December 31, 2022, 05:57:52 PM »

So I have been on everol conti patches for around 9months now and have had more periods than I can even remember so after talking to doctor I was told to stop the patches immediately as I have to get a womb scan.. Does anyone have any ideas wat I could take in the meantime as that was about two weeks ago and I don't see me having an appointment anytime soon.. My sleeping has now went back to crap my rage in general is not great lol any ideas thanks

VanillaLover

Re: Told to stop evorol conit patches straight away
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 06:11:38 PM »

Why do you have to get a womb scan ? Had your periods stopped before you started the conti patches?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 07:27:08 PM »

Your GP should know that scans should be done within the 2 weeks time scale.  Could you take a cancellation?  Has the referral letter actually been sent/received, I would phone the Dept and ask if it's there.  They may be able to give you an appt..  Have the calendar by your side ;-). 

How R your periods?  After the scan, regardless of result, ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic!  Let us know how you get on.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 07:44:40 PM »

Hi you should be seen under a two week referral and there’s no need for you to stop the hrt.

Dawnyc

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 08:01:16 PM »

Yes my periods had stopped for about a year until I went on the patches.. Scan is to make sure all is OK as I shouldn't have been bleeding on these patches as long as I have been..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 08:11:53 PM »

Did the regime help in any way?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 12:09:17 AM »

I was on Evorel Conti when I went back on HRT, age 57 after a 2.5yr break. Been period free for at least 3 years.

I started having periods again, every 2 weeks, with pink discharge in between.  It seems that the progesterone in the Conti patches doesn’t agree with me. So after 4 months  I switched to Evorel 50 patches taken continually with 100mg Utrogestan taken orally at night for 25 out of 28 days.

The incessant bleeding stopped. I’m coming to the end of my first cycle of Utrogestan and just started a bleed today. But all in all, this regime seems to suit me better. I have a review in 5 weeks, so fingers crossed.

Maybe you could look at changing to a different type of progesterone?