Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Taking Utrogestan on a 'long cycle' ie. not every 4 weeks  (Read 529 times)

Gilla999

Taking Utrogestan on a 'long cycle' ie. not every 4 weeks
« on: December 30, 2022, 12:55:09 PM »

Hello all, hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Two long years after my horrendous Peri symptoms started it seems I have finally reached the stage where I'm having anovulatory cycles. Up until this has started happening I have been timing the Utrogestan part of my HRT (100mg vaginally for 12 days) with the luteal phase of my cycle (I test for ovulation each month). That's of course no longer going to be an option, as it isn't for most women who take it and aren't ovulating.

I know from previous experiences that putting Progetserone into my system at a time when it wasn't supposed to be there (ie. anything other than after ovulation) caused a reoccurence of my primary symptoms (night sweats and insomnia) so I'm a little nervous about how this is going to work now. I know from the forum that it's possible to take Utrogestan on a longer cycle than every four weeks, and I wondered what is generally considered a safe amount of time - is it six weeks? Or longer? Thanks! x
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:56:43 PM by Gilla999 »

Harebell

Re: Taking Utrogestan on a 'long cycle' ie. not every 4 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 01:50:56 PM »

Hi Gilla

I will be interested in any replies to your question. I am hoping to do the same.

I don’t want to do this every month. But I also don’t want continuous progesterone!

I hope someone replies 🤞 xx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 04:47:36 PM »

I use a 6 week cycle. If you're worried about perhaps arrange your own scan in a few months just to make sure all is well.

Gilla999

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 06:07:18 PM »

Thanks Sheila, that's just what I'd been thinking - that perhaps to be on the safe side I would like to have periodic scans.  Good to know on the six weeks! Xx