Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Supplementing Everol Conti with progesterone. Should I?  (Read 511 times)

Missylou

Supplementing Everol Conti with progesterone. Should I?
« on: December 19, 2022, 11:55:36 AM »

Hello

I’m 56.  I was put on Everol Conti in February and experienced bleeding which settled down to a pattern of every two weeks. After six months I told my GP and was referred for a scan, which thankfully was ok.

In my letter from the hospital, they recommended either me changing to a Mirena coil and transdermal oestrogen or supplementing my EC patches with progesterone, but gave no details on the best way to do this.

My GP didn’t know how I should do this so emailed gynaecology and didn’t get a reply. She then spoke to a pharmacist who found some information and said I should take one Utrogestan 100 orally every day.

This was back in October and I haven’t started it because I’m concerned it may not be safe, mainly because my GP didn’t have a clue so I have little confidence. I’ve continued with the patches and I’m still getting bleeding every two weeks. I didn’t want the coil but I’m wondering if this would be a better option.

I was originally put on Oestrogel and Utrogestan vaginally in April 2021 after not having a period since November 2020. I changed as I was getting a metallic taste in my mouth to see if it would help. It didn’t, however I found the patches to be really convenient and no side effects, apart from the bleeding. I think it’s assumed I’m now post menopausal.

I see a lot of information online about ladies bleeding on Everol Conti patches after six months but nothing saying how they have been advised to deal with this. I think it’s the lack on info out there which is making me nervous of trying it.

Any advice/experiences would be welcomed and I’m sure a lot of other women would be interested in this topic, thank you x

sheila99

Re: Supplementing Everol Conti with progesterone. Should I?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 02:12:38 PM »

You could try a sequi regime. You weren't meno (1 year without a bleed) before you started hrt so you were still be peri then and should have been started on a sequi regime. Some women are in their early 60s before they reach meno. Some women do need more progesterone and I think this suggestion is safe though if you are peri it probably won't stop the bleeding. A mirena will usually stop it.

Missylou

Re: Supplementing Everol Conti with progesterone. Should I?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 04:43:30 PM »

Thank you. I might give the tablets a go to see how I get on. If I’m still bleeding, I’ll speak to my GP in the New Year about getting a coil fitted or changing to sequential patches.

The sheer amount of questions on this forum makes me feel sad about the number of women not getting the answers they need from their GP. Thank heavens for places like this forum.