Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: One symptom I can't shift  (Read 766 times)

Bandango42

One symptom I can't shift
« on: December 16, 2022, 06:32:01 AM »

Hi ladies

Can anyone recommend a natural supplement to take for body and joint aches/pains? Currently on Evorel 75 and utrogestan 200mg for 2 weeks and whilst I feel like most of my symptoms of peri are under control, the one thing I can't seem to shift is the constant back and neck ache. I have it day in, day out and it wakes me every night. I am so fed up of it, nothing helps. Was wondering if any ladies used a supplement to help with this? Thanks is advance x

Flossieteacake

Re: One symptom I can't shift
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 09:09:32 AM »

I know things like calcium and magnesium can help with aches and pains. I wonder if you may benefit from a supplement.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 09:31:09 AM »

Menopause is natural but can throw up all kinds of aches, pains, symptoms  >:(.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Over the counter pain relief should help, especially when taken 30 mins B4 i.e. mowing the lawn or bed time.  A deep warm bath can help too.  Take a look at your foot wear, are the heels worn, does the shoe/boot fit neatly.  Anything wrong with the feet can throw the bodies alignment out from bottom up to the neck.  Slippers need to be close fitting, get rid of flip flops and cheap sandals. 

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 09:50:39 AM »

It might be worth seeing physio. Many neck and back problems are caused by lifestyle (poor posture, head down looking at phone etc) and we're at an age where we don't get away with it anymore. I had the same problem, cured by postural changes.

Ayesha

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 10:15:56 AM »

I would highly recommend physiotherapy for aches and pains, Pilates has helped me with chronic back pain.
The NHS has some great tutorials online but would suggest you get assessed first, you will then be given a personal exercise programme.

I never did any exercise when younger but as I age its a vitally important part of my daily routine now.
Supplements really won't help with your aches and pains.

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 10:20:33 AM »

A big yes to physio and also swimming! It really helps with aches and pains. (But not everyone likes swimming...) Yoga and walking, just keeping moving.