Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on utrogestan  (Read 1021 times)

Emsie

Bleeding on utrogestan
« on: December 13, 2022, 01:49:33 PM »

Hi

I am in peri, but due to the problems I am having on the progesterone side my doctor has said to try 100mg vaginally each day.  She said that because I am peri there is a risk of bleeding, which I am.

I do have a catch up with her next week, but just wondered if anyone else tried this route and if it worked after a period of time?

My options are reducing somewhat due to progestogen intolerance, tried coil, orally, 200mg vaginally etc and not worked - aside from the bleeding I am feeling ok on this method.

I do just want to say for all those ladies suffering anxiety, its taken me 4 years or so but having got this far the anxiety has totally gone...almost feels weird not to have it.  I found my main cause of anxiety was the Mirena coil and needing estrogen.

Thanks. Emma

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding on utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 02:52:34 PM »

That's good about the anxiety!

MayB put the regime into the search box: separately : to C what pops up?

Ecl

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 11:07:03 PM »

Hi, I am definitely no expert. The normal route for peri would be to use 200 utrogestan daily for days 12-26 of your cycle. The theory is that when you stop the utrogestan, the drop in progesterone will trigger a bleed and so it should be regular and you will know when to expect it. If you are post menopausal, ie no longer bleeding at all, then it is recommended to take it daily as there is some evidence that it is better than cyclic. Some women do follow the pack instructions to take it for 25 days out of the 28 day cycle, this allows a bleed to happen but allows a more steady dose of progesterone through the cycle. From what I have read, the reason for the difference between the two routines is that the bleeding in continuous utrogestan is hit and miss for those in peri and so it has a low tolerance - people get fed up with the bleeding. It also makes it more difficult to spot troublesome bleeding which can indicate more life threatening illness.  Often we are told to give a new routine three months to allow it to settle and to expect bleeding within this time frame, so if you progesterone problems are better and you can cope with the bleeding then there’s no reason not to? But I’m sure your doctor will be more helpful next week.ww

Ecl

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 11:10:31 PM »

There is also another thread on this page entitled when to have a break from utrogestan which covers all your questions, worth a read, hope it helps

Emsie

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 11:25:34 AM »

Thanks ladies.

I will have a look for the thread.

xx