Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel 100 patches supply?  (Read 736 times)

Ljp

Evorel 100 patches supply?
« on: December 12, 2022, 05:52:12 PM »

Hi
I went to pick up my repeat prescription from pharmacy today, only to be told the manufacturer isn’t supplying evorel 100 patches
Anyone else had any problems please? 😟

Flossieteacake

Re: Evorel 100 patches supply?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 07:25:09 PM »

I have also had trouble. The pharmacy suggested to ask for Evorel 50 and apply two patches as they seem to be in stock.

KatyB

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 09:51:55 PM »

Thought you might be interested in this article in the guardian. I've also had trouble with getting Estradot, and had to split dose of Everol into 25 and 50 recently as 75 mcg wasn't available...https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/07/hrt-uk-shortage-supply-menopause-women

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 11:00:04 AM »

Thank you for your replies, the guardian article is rather confusing, it’s saying there are no supply issues at manufacture, so why are there at distribution and pharmacies?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 08:30:26 AM »

Had problems yesterday getting Evorel 50. My prescription was sent directly to my nominated pharmacy, which was Boots, but when I went to collect, they told me they couldn’t get the patches and didn’t know when they’d be in.

After chatting for a bit, she said that a lot of the chain pharmacies, (Boots, Lloyds etc) use different suppliers to the smaller independent, and that it would be worth me ringing around. I tried 9 pharmacies, including those within doctors surgeries and finally found 2 that I could get supplies from. One, a local independent was able to order them yesterday to collect today, but the problem was that I needed them for last night. So I chose the other one which was a Lincolnshire Co-op pharmacy. They had a split pack of the patches which would last me 4 weeks, and 12 Utrogestan tablets, so I went straight there and collected them, and can get the rest of the meds today.

What a pain though. I’m lucky that I’m retired so can do all this, but a nightmare if you’re working and don’t have the time to ring around.

About 3 years ago, I had issues with supply, and used Oxford Pharmacy online. They were brilliant, had my patches in 2 days. Don’t know what it’s be like at the moment though, with RM strikes and other couriers at breaking point.