Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Strange discomfort  (Read 1197 times)

trandall

Strange discomfort
« on: December 09, 2022, 09:21:04 PM »

Hi ladies been on before asking about health anxiety and odd discomfort I seem to get. It honestly feels as though as soon as I get rid of one issue another arises. At the moment I have a twinge uncomfortable feeling just under my ribs left side both back and front. I wonder if I’ve become intolerant to something I’m eating it’s not very painful just a strange feeling. Any thoughts

Flossieteacake

Re: Strange discomfort
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 09:28:39 PM »

I get odd sensations like this and never find out why. Perhaps it is anxiety?

trandall

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 09:32:04 PM »

Thanks for replying I know it could be a digestive problem but like many of us health anxiety has me thinking it’s something serious. I tell myself not to worry but every so often I find it hard not to worry. I really appreciate your feedback and I’m glad we have this forum

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 09:37:44 PM »

I totally understand health anxiety is very distressing. Perhaps you could keep.a food diary and see if this is linked to any particular food.

You are most welcome.😀

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 09:21:59 AM »

I suffer with HA too but these twinges etc are what a body does naturally,only,people who don't suffer HA don't give them a second thought,what aches and pains did you have before this twinging started and where have they gone,we concentrate so hard on one ache,it's all we feel,then......oh,there's a new sore bit,then all your energies go into that bit and the last pain is forgotten about,it's a never ending cycle,do you take anything for anxiety a all?

trandall

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 04:51:23 PM »

Hi Jaypo thanks for understanding you know what I am talking about clearly I try and remind myself that the old pain has gone. I have only suffered from HA since peri menopause started and since starting on HRT it has improved a lot but still get the odd couple of weeks every so often where I go from pain to pain and it takes over me. I might have to look into something for the anxiety soon thanks again x

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 06:33:39 PM »

Hi Trandall

I can totally relate to peri-menopausal HA. It is horrible when I go through a phase of it. I generally sleep well (which I know is a positive) and wake up feeling rested and "contented" but within seconds my brain kicks in and I lie there and start doing a body scan of my latest (& ongoing) ailments and start worrying. I hate myself for it which just makes it worse.
I'm a pretty positive and logical person and in my rational moments I can get on top of these thoughts and my HA seems all the more ridiculous and embarrassing.
My initial thoughts when I notice something are that I am overwhelmed with panic and feel the need to seek medical advice immediately (despite having white coat syndrome and hating anything medical) but, partly because of the pandemic and limited access to GPs, I have learnt to sit and wait. Usually the symptoms pass within a few days (& others arise!  ::)) so this seems like a good approach. I also keep a health diary and this helps to establish any patterns which are related to my hormones and consequently helps me justify why these things are happening.

I am so worn out with it all but still remain positive that one day all this "stuff" has got to pass.

I find meditation ( particularly the Headspace app ) and exercise helps.

Look after yourself X

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 07:23:22 PM »

Just so you girls can see for yourself,if you go to "the funny side of menopause " and then look at the thread "things I have diagnosed myself with" you should get a giggle at the first few posts,you really are NOT alone with this awful symptom of meno x

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 10:28:03 PM »

Since covid and the awful situation trying to get to see a doctor anyway, I now have a rule regarding health issues. If it lasts more than 3 weeks ring the doctors. Up to now I've not had to ring.  Usually whatever ailment I've had and there's been quite a few, has resolved itself within that time.

Minusminnie

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 07:51:33 AM »

At the moment I have a twinge uncomfortable feeling just under my ribs left side both back and front. I wonder if I’ve become intolerant to something I’m eating it’s not very painful just a strange feeling. Any thoughts

I now have a rule regarding health issues. If it lasts more than 3 weeks ring the doctors.

I agree with Dierdre as if this is happening not long after you have eaten something especially something fatty it could be gallstone pain.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 07:53:47 AM by Minusminnie »

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2022, 12:40:14 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am sorry that you are suffering such horrible and strange symptoms.

I think HA is very common for us meno ladies, it is even possible to have it without realising it's a Meno symptom. The friend with Tinnitus claims that she doesn't have HA but every three months she is at the doctors with a life threatening illness. She has even turned up at A and E and waited 12 hours to see someone because she is convinced that she is dying.
I know that if I told her that she had these episodes regularly she would deny it because she forgets but her medical notes must be in volumes!

I can completely understand how HA can take over your life and although I am fortunate not to have some of the conditions mentioned I do worry about my mood swings so there is no escape it seems. I describe my situation as having mental health anxiety!

Take care everyone and sending hugs.

K.