Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Irritable and angry  (Read 987 times)

Ljp

Irritable and angry
« on: December 02, 2022, 06:15:35 PM »

Hi all, I’m on HRT have been for 7 years, I also use testosterone, and I use an Estring and Vagifem to try to help with my VA and overactive bladder.

Despite all this, I find myself feeling constantly agitated and easily angered, I hate how agitated and annoyed I feel.

I was on sertraline for a year and a half, and have tapered myself very slowly off of it and have been completely off since the beginning of August.

Does anyone else have any experience of these feelings? And how to deal with it?

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 06:17:20 PM by Ljp »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Irritable and angry
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 07:54:19 PM »

Why did you ease off?  Was it helpful at all, is there a difference now that you don't take it?

What sets the anger off?  I mutter constantly at the TV  :-\ and DH often says 'They can't hear you!"

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 09:51:35 PM »

Hi Ljp

It could be that you should cut your testosterone dosage down.

Too little testosterone as well as too much, can trigger the same emotion of irritability and anger.
If you’ve been on it for a month or so, it could well be you’ve reached a peak and need to taper down.

I experienced this, so I do hope this helps.

M x

Peanut31

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 10:14:28 PM »

Hi

I noticed when I increased my testosterone I was really annoyed at everything  and angry.

Went back to my original dosage and felt better.

Best wishes
Peanut31

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 11:00:56 PM »

Thank you, I’ve been on testosterone for 3 years, I use Tostran a tiny petite pois (or less) amount daily, although sometimes I forget.
I suppose it could be that, I just find it hard to be lighthearted, everything feels meh, not sure his ride to describe it really, but I don’t like it

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 10:53:49 AM »

I'm on Tostran and the dose I was told to use is 1 pump every other day. Bad temper can also be a sign of too little oestrogen so it could be that you'd benefit from an increase. Do you have any other symptoms?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 11:19:49 AM »

I would rage prior to each period.   :o and I mean RAGE  >:( DH knew when to step back and take cover, he was. more aware of my cycle than I was!