Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie - Muscle Twitching and Internal Vibrations  (Read 823 times)

HannonNY

Newbie - Muscle Twitching and Internal Vibrations
« on: December 02, 2022, 11:05:27 AM »

Hello All,

I posted this in the Newbie section but thought I also post in the more general area in case others had similar experiences/thoughts.  Thank you in advance for your support!  I am 53 and in the deep throes of perimenopause.  I started on HRT earlier this year but never got the dosage right.  My dr. recommended a low does BCP which I started a few months ago.  It seemed to be working until three weeks ago when all heck broke loose.  I had muscle twitches (that are still going on at night), internal vibrations, hot flashes/rushes etc.  My health anxiety is also off the charts!  I did have some muscle twitching earlier this year but went away after a week or two... my symptoms now have been going on for several weeks (mainly at night.)  Also, I have had break through bleeding AGAIN on this pill which is going on now.  I've decided to not take my week break and just go straight to the next pack but honestly want to get off the pill all together.  Looking to see if anyone has had success in relieving some of these worrisome symptoms using HRT and what protocol you followed.

Thank you!!

Raykay

Re: Newbie - Muscle Twitching and Internal Vibrations
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »

I got muscle twitches pre-starting HRT - they went away but now I’m back to having bad menopause symptoms including absolutely rubbish sleep and the muscle in my thumb started twitching this week - I’m putting it down to fatigue/extreme tiredness. I get twitches in random places, but most commonly in my eyelids, and thighs - the thumb one is new!

HannonNY

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 01:13:06 PM »

It's all so strange and disconcerting... I had a small episode when I first started HRT then nothing really until this past month on a low dose birth control pill.  I thought the pill would help ease symptoms but it seems to have literally stopped working this month (month 4.)  I've also been bleeding this week which is the week before my break week.  I have no idea what to do at this point :(  I am thinking about going back to HRT.  Hoping this all settles down for us soon!

Raykay

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 01:24:45 PM »

Sorry to hear you are having such a rubbish time - hope you get some better days soon xx

Floo36

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 01:09:42 PM »

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I went back on the combined pill because I couldn’t find a hrt to work but it didn’t help me either unfortunately.  I have the same symptoms and being brutalised by low Estrogen, I’m still peri at 54.  What have you tried so far?

HannonNY

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »

I'm sorry you are struggling too!  I've tried the patch (estradiol) starting this past February and just could never get the dosage right.  My Dr. suggested switching to the low dose BCP which seemed to work for about a month (the first couple months were rough with symptoms and breakthrough bleeding) but then this past month it seemed to have completely stopped working after my last week break.  Symptoms are bad and I actually just started a full on period even though I'm not on my break week.  This has been going for the past 4 months.... I'm at a loss about what to try next.  I'm wondering because I'm still in Peri, if my hormones are just too volatile and nothing will really bring steady relied until things calm down.  Best of luck to you!

Vive

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 07:21:44 PM »

Strange sensation isn’t it. I’ve had right eyelid twitches for a couple of weeks now, been on HRT for around three months, I’m wondering if this is due to not being on a high enough dose? 🤔

Floo36

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »

I feel like I’m being zapped with a cattle prod, so jumpy and nervous and then these twitches. 

HannonNY

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 04:04:26 PM »

It's the worst!  I can't believe this is my life right now :( Just praying that it subsides over time like last time.  I am definitely switching off the pill once I meet with my Dr. to see if something else will help manage these symptoms.