Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bum or thigh!  (Read 722 times)

Pollydollydoodle

Bum or thigh!
« on: November 28, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »

Hi ladies,

First HRT patch on this week and I feel slightly nervous and emotional about it 🤷🏼‍♀️, but my question is where do you all stick your patches? I’ve put mine on my upper outer thigh but feel like it was quite wrinkled this morning after sleeping on it. Where do you all think or have found is best? Px

Dierdre

Re: Bum or thigh!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 08:58:24 PM »

I used to put mine on my bottom, hip level.

Amazing grace

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 09:01:09 PM »

Hi polly1974, I don’t use patches anymore I switched to gel but when I did use them I always put them on my outer thigh, they did get a bit wrinkly but I think that’s just how they go once they’ve been on a while, I tried my bum but they just didn’t stay put there on me I think either place is ok it’s whatever suits you best but for me definitely the thigh worked better x

Clarella

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 01:02:43 PM »

I’m on estradot and it suggests lower abdomen, roughly around ovaries.

I put below pant line above muff  :D

Amerififer

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 01:45:28 PM »

I'm on Everol Conti patches..
I put them on my muffin top just below waistband.. Alternate sides and spots each change.. easy if ya got a large muffin top:P

MabelBabel

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 05:55:19 PM »

I stick my patches on the top of my bum cheeks, like you I found they wrinkled up on my thighs. Bum has been best for me!

Gill67

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 03:13:32 PM »

I came here to post the very same question!
I've used my first Evorel patch today, after being on Oestrogel for several months. It's bigger than I expected and instructions say not to use under tight waistbands or tight areas of clothing. But things like jeans & trousers are tight over all the areas they say you should apply it, so I was a bit confused as to where to put it. Opted for sticking it on my huge bum so it'll be under my equally huge granny pants but it's a bit wrinkly. Seems stuck on strongly though, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Raykay

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 07:32:02 AM »

I put them quite high on my bum - I ignore what it says about avoiding tight clothing on the waist as this seems impossible! So above bum cheek and below waist works for me! I do also pop it on the top of my thigh sometimes, but more at the front than the side as it gets less wrinkled for me there.
Another top tip is to make sure you hold your hand on the patch for a bit when first putting it on - this helps it stick better by activating the glue - I had a lot of peeling off patches before stating to do this  ;D