Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cutting patches - evorel sequi- est/prog ones  (Read 517 times)

Miss piggy

Cutting patches - evorel sequi- est/prog ones
« on: November 26, 2022, 06:52:22 PM »

Hi
Putting it back out there again - has anyone cut their estrogen/progesterone patch?
Thanks

discogirl

Re: Cutting patches - evorel sequi- est/prog ones
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »

hi

im on gel now but when i was on estraderm patches (i take utrogestan for my prog part) i did cut my patches so i would have thought youd be able to cut your estrogen/prog patch.

but hopefully someone who is on these patches will come along to confirm this xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 02:01:56 PM »

Hi miss piggy

I'm not sure about cutting Evorel sequi although theoretically it should be OK but you are cutting the oestrogen only and then the combi patches.

However, off-licence some women are permitted to cut Evorel conti patches - some years ago there was a question in the MM magazine about it and Dr Currie OK'ed it - off licence, and I think also she said so on here - but I think a lot of the old posts may have been archived.

As always, if you want to do so, tell your doc, and any abnormal bleeding needs to be checked out with your doctor.

Hurdity x

Miss piggy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 02:26:37 PM »

Hi miss piggy

I'm not sure about cutting Evorel sequi although theoretically it should be OK but you are cutting the oestrogen only and then the combi patches.

However, off-licence some women are permitted to cut Evorel conti patches - some years ago there was a question in the MM magazine about it and Dr Currie OK'ed it - off licence, and I think also she said so on here - but I think a lot of the old posts may have been archived.

As always, if you want to do so, tell your doc, and any abnormal bleeding needs to be checked out with your doctor.

Hurdity x

Hurdity
When I emailed Dr Currie - she said no but looking back here people seem to be doing it 

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 02:58:06 PM »

That's interesting - I couldn't find a post from her saying it was OK but I definitely remember reading it in a magazine but unfortunately have no idea when! Maybe she has changed her view and there have been problems - it is off-licence after all.

Did you ask her about the conti patches ie are you on continuous combined Evorel conti? I am referring only to that, not cutting the combi patches only, when you're on Evorel sequi - I may have misunderstood your question ie if you are on Evorel sequi, it would not be OK to have Evorel 50 for two weeks and then cut the Evorel conti  patches so you get Evorel 25 and half the norethisterone - that is not what she said was OK, it was just Evorel conti for those on continuous combined HRT

Hurdity x