Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 2nd patch of hrt  (Read 687 times)

Hbombb

• First Flush
2nd patch of hrt
« on: November 16, 2022, 02:59:54 AM »

Hey all, so it seems I'm peri menopause, been having symptoms for 3 years now but struggled to get treatment as I was 'too young' to be having it and was fobbed off. Changed drs and been started on hrt straight away. I'm now 42 so started when i was 39!!!. I've put on loads of weight in the last 3 years and couldn't get it off (even joined a boot camp) Dr has said the hrt should increase matabalism so I'm hopeful I will lose the weight. I've got quite alot of the symptoms from hot flushes, night sweats to whole body aches (literally feel like I'm 80) which apparently the hrt should treat! We will see. My second patch does not want to seem to stick so is only half stuck on, not sure if this will stop it working as well? The first one stayed in place, really have no idea where to stick it!

How have you all found hrt, has it helped with Weight loss or any other symptoms. Anyone early 40s similar to me

Flossieteacake

Re: 2nd patch of hrt
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 11:12:15 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am glad you have been given HRT now. With patches I find using Tegaderm dressings brilliant. Patches will not stay on my skin unless I use that.

As for loosing weight I have no idea as I too have gained weight from HRT.  ;D

AsiaB

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:24:11 PM »

Hi there.
I am 43 and have been on HRT for 10months. I had a COVID last year and couldn't shift it for 2 months so had some tests done and turned out that my hormone level is dead flat, this suggested I am going through menopause.
I am very happy with my HRT. My skin and hair have improved. I have always been sporty but now I have my energy back so I am keener on exciting and going out.
I am still playing around with my HRT dosages but overall very happy with HRT.
I am feeling very good, all symptoms have gone, my only issue is that my tummy looks bloated.
I started on 25m patches, then switched to 50, and now I am on 75m and going to have a blood test as I feel the dosage might be too high for me as I feel tired in the evenings compared to when i was on 50m patches
I am on Ultragestan 100 day 15-26.
So far I had a few reviews with GP and I am hoping I will soon nail the dosage.

BohoChick

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 02:31:30 PM »

What kind of patch have you been given?  It is the thin, plastic-style film one (usually once-a-week changing), or the thicker, foam-style spongy one (usually once-a-week changing)?

For some reason I was initially prescribed and provided the once-weekly, 1970s-style massive foam disc patches.  Those things are useless.  You can persevere with them as much as you can, but in the end they will not stay on unless you do nothing except lay in bed all day with no clothing.

Also - if you have a uterus, you are also on a progestin/utrogestan, yes?

I am relatively early in my HRT journey (started in April 2022).  It has worked to fend off the catastrophic night sweats and vaginal symptoms - but I am far from feeling well.  We now think I may have some autoimmune conditions at play.  So fun.  Good luck.

(Oh - you should also have your level checked regularly and don't let any doctor tell you otherwise.  Have them test your testosterone level.  It's been three years and they just now tested mine - it's undetectable.  So I am now starting a testosterone cream.)

Hbombb

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 06:45:16 PM »

Thank you ladies. I have been given Evorel 50 week 1 & 2 then Evorel Conti week 3 & 4. My muscles ache like mad today (arms & legs) so really hope they start working soon. I need to be back to my old self to look after my daughter (honesty feel like I'm 80!)