Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Brain fog  (Read 1137 times)

Vicky81

Brain fog
« on: November 12, 2022, 10:31:08 AM »

Hi

Has anyone had any joy ridding brain fog? If so what would you say has helped?, oestrogen?, vitamins?

Mine has come back latey seeing me suffer with blurry eyes,, feeling not really present in the room ..kind of like I'm dreaming.

Any advice I'd be grateful for xxx

Vicky81

Re: Brain fog
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 11:47:59 AM »

Aww thanks xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 12:20:54 PM »

Hi Vicky. I have been thinking of you and hoping you are okay. I still get brain fog a lot and have to lie down when I have it. It is frustrating.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 01:15:43 PM »

Yep.  Brain fog is common in pregnancy and peri-menopause.  We have a thread : Doing Stupid Things : so you are not alone!

Jayjem

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 01:57:15 PM »

Hi Vicky,

brain fog is so debilitating isn't it? I couldn't remember peoples names and I zoned out several times, sometimes in the middle of a sentence. I couldn'te remember what someone had just told me and had to be asked several times to do the same task and then I would completely forget. Things I had done for years sometimes became a challenge eg parts of my job.I would go to the cupboard to get something and forget what I wanted from there.

I remember years ago my mum losing her purse and we looked everywhere for it. We notified the police and cancelled her cards etc. A couple of months later I went to get something out of the freezer- in those days we had a big chest freezer, right at the bottom frozen to the ice was my mums purse| She had no idea how it got in there Looking back she was going through the change and I remember her doing some strange things.

Another one that she did bless her was using cocoa powder to make gravy.  I have come very close with these. My main one is standing in a room and wondering what I was supposed to be doing.

I have recently started on Everel patches- I am a week in- but I have found they have helped a little. Early days yet but I hope it continues to help. I also meditate when I can. Mainly just before I go to sleep. That doesn't always helo but it does help me sleep better.

I hope that you have a good and understanding doctor as I know from personal experience how upsetting and debilitating brain fog can be,

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 03:04:04 PM »

Thanks flossie for thinking of me that's so sweet,! Hope you're ok?

CLKD I shall take a look at that thanks!

Jayjem awww thanks 4 taking the time to write thst long message. . My days I can relate to some of what you say!! I hoe you are ok?

Jayjem

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 05:45:46 PM »

I forget where I have put the lists LOL I am a nightmare! I am sca=rambling for words to finish sentences as well. Does anyone else get that?

Jayjem

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 05:59:40 PM »

I nursed someone through dementia so I said to my doctor I thought I had Alzheimer's and she had to reassure me. Yes I call people different names and get the he she wrong sometimes. Its so embarressing and I am relieved to heat that it is not just me. I have been laughed at at work and people find it hilarious. Me not so much though. I just hope that they do not get it when they reach menopause.

I seem to have lost my sense of humour recently.

Jayjem

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 06:42:03 PM »

I must admit I wish I could work from home but my job is such that it is impossible. I feel 'safe' at home and like I am not being judged. Where I work we are often told what we are doing wrong but not what we do right. Basically if no one comes near you then you are doing ok. The negativity has reallt affected my confidence.

Jayjem

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 08:03:21 PM »

I wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Jayjem

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 02:35:28 PM »

Hi Vicky. How are you feeling today? I have been thinking about you.

Smokey

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 02:44:52 PM »

Yep I still get it occasionally but not as bad as it once was, I do get occasion’s where the wrong word pops out especially it seems when I’m talking to my pets I’m always calling the dog the cats name a vice versa🤣

However quite recently my hubby has been saying pass the custard instead of gravy 🙈

I’m 56 still in peri and have been on hrt for11 years!

Jayjem

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2022, 02:52:39 PM »

I often call people by the wrong name or I struggle to finish sentences. You are not alone. I once could not remem ber someones name and I had known them for years.