Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: When will things get better ???  (Read 1013 times)

Brownie

When will things get better ???
« on: November 11, 2022, 05:14:55 PM »

Hello Ladies
First time posted but your forums have been a great help to me but looking for some more help please.
So diagnosed with vaginal atrophy nearly 2 years ago. Gp prescribed estriol cream(previously Gynest) which did take a time to work. Was told to come off it but back on it again not long after. Had several flare ups, was told to use vagifem but felt this didn't agree with me so back to estriol. I also have a mild bladder prolapse + one urologist told me I had inflamed bladder but second one said all ok ? I have just started on Everol conti but the razor blade pain is doing my head in. I wanted to ask you ladies for your advice. I would have thought that after 2 years there would have been some improvement (I am now using the estriol every night) I do try to drink loads of water every day but just to ask when will this get better ? Will everol conti help with vaginal issues? Do you think alternating nights with vagifem/estriol cream is a good idea ? My main pain appears to be internal not external.
Thank you ladies xxx

Fusseh

Re: When will things get better ???
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 08:17:33 AM »

Hi Ekgirl
Seems like your post has slipped through the net and I'm no expert on VA so just wanted to offer a hug 🤗.

There are a lot of ladies here with VA knowledge.

It might be an idea to try a new thread with VA in the header/title?

Good luck 🥰

Jayjem

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 02:07:19 PM »

Hi Ekgirl,

I can't give you any answers but I am sure that someone on here will be able to share their experience with you.

Sending you love and hugs and thinking of you.x

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 02:45:25 PM »

Answered in the Postmenopause section of the forum by members  :)

lisa06031510

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 06:36:05 PM »

I was given a cream, I can't remember what it was called.. and at first it gave me through.. but after that it did help, but when it came to cutting it down I found my problems returned and that it only worked if I used it every day.

I've not used it for 2 weeks as run out and not had time to collect new prescription.... So back to having a dry, uncomfortable Vagina 🙈

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 10:35:44 AM »

I was given a cream, I can't remember what it was called.. and at first it gave me through.. but after that it did help, but when it came to cutting it down I found my problems returned and that it only worked if I used it every day.

I've not used it for 2 weeks as run out and not had time to collect new prescription.... So back to having a dry, uncomfortable Vagina 🙈

Vaginal Atrophy will never go away, and you must keep up with the treatment. You really don't want it to get to the chronic stage when you won't be able to sit down. Keep up with the treatment  :)