Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding  (Read 1061 times)

Bev1

• First Flush
Post menopausal bleeding
« on: November 08, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »

I have been Postmenopausal for 2 years and had a period in May which resulted in having a smear, then scan and hysteroscopy and biopsies which all came back clear. My HRT patches were increased twice to 100 conti and progesterone tablets as the other patches were not controlling the symptoms. Everything is now under control however I am still bleeding every few weeks. I’m hoping this is just hormones as my next option is hysterectomy which I would like to avoid if possible. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Flossieteacake

Re: Post menopausal bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 01:37:33 PM »

Hello Bev and welcome to the forum. I do not have any advice but just wanted to welcome you. I am sure somebody who has experienced similar will post soon.

FranL

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 01:58:49 PM »

Hello.  I was about to post something very similar.  I’m supposedly peri and on Femoston 1/10.  When the bleeding got heavy I was given extra progesterone to take for the half the month.  That didn’t work so was told to take the extra progesterone every day. Still bleeding for two weeks a month. Waiting to have a coil fitted.  I had one when younger and it did stop my heavy bleeding.  Is that a possibility for you? I’ve also had a biopsy - 18 months ago and have now been told I need another.  My other issue is that all the other menopause symptoms are back despite the HRT - flushes, anxiety, getting up at night for the loo, palpitations. 

Bev1

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 08:25:58 PM »

Hi both and thank you for welcoming me and for your advice. I have had 3 hysteroscopies in the last 2 years and they were all clear. All the flushes, anxiety, palpitations etc came back once I had been on 50 patches so they were increased to 75 which worked for a few weeks so then was increased to 100 and all symptoms have gone now except for the bleeding. I mentioned a coil and was told it would make the bleeding worse as I also had lots of fibroids (although they are very tiny). GP wants to take me off HRT but I can’t cope with the palpitations as  I have atrial fibrillation and without HRT I can’t control the palpitations as the hormone fluctuations make it worse. It all feels never ending. Frani it might be worth asking your GP for an alternative HRT or an increase as that worked for me.