Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause anxiety but no hrt  (Read 737 times)

floraljo

Perimenopause anxiety but no hrt
« on: November 07, 2022, 05:22:47 PM »

Hi, I'm 41, early menopause. In perimenopause with high fsh but also good oestrogen so can't go on hrt. I don't have hot flushes. I have irregular periods (18-32 days) and extreme anxiety and depression before my period. I don't know what will help the anxiety if I can't take hrt. Can anyone recommend anything?
Thanks

jaypo

Re: Perimenopause anxiety but no hrt
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 06:25:25 PM »

Hi there, I don't take HRT but I've started taking CBD gummies,not sure if you can give them a try,they don't suit everyone but it's what helps me  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 08:48:42 PM »

Cyclical weeping was common the night B4 a bleed began for me, even if a period was due!

The idea might be to eat every 3 hours, 24/7 - to ease those pre-menstrual feelings. 

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 09:14:54 PM »

Hi floraljo, have you considered birth control pill, my sister in law successfully used it through peri when hrt turned into a disaster for her, she had terrible anxiety and it helped her hormones balance out and controlled her anxiety really well, I also have 2 friends who have taken this route, I would of too but couldn't due to migraines, just a thought doesn't work for everyone but might be worth trying x

Miss piggy

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 02:42:11 PM »

Do you know what ones they are taking?
Thanks