Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Taking utrogestan vaginally  (Read 844 times)

Greyhoundgal

Taking utrogestan vaginally
« on: November 07, 2022, 03:51:57 PM »

Hi all

I'm in peri and have been using 1.5 mg Sandrena gel daily, while taking 200mg utrogestan from days 15 to 26 of my cycle. I'm having a monthly withdrawal bleeds when the utrogestan cycle finishes, but finding that I'm having 3 days of torrential bleeding that's limiting what I can do on these days and leaving me feeling exhausted.

I'd like to try taking utrogestan vaginally to see if this would reduce the level of bleeding, but can't find consistent advice on how to manage dosage or insertion. My GP is supportive but ultimately inexperienced in this area.

Should I continue with a 200mg dose per day for 12 days? Can I reduce the dose to 100mg/ day for 12 days? How deeply does the pill need to be inserted vaginally? Is finger depth sufficient or is a special applicator necessary?

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

discogirl

Re: Taking utrogestan vaginally
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 04:32:30 PM »

hi greyhoundgal

i take the utro vaginally.

sorry if its tmi here however i insert it with my finger and i have an applicator type thing to make sure its pushed far enough up. i believe it dissolves in about 15 to 30 mins?

can't help with dosage as i take 100g continually but someone should be along to help with that.

hope you're ok x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 04:44:54 PM »

Hi, I found 200mg far too heavy although its the prescribed dosage. I take 1 x 100mg Utrogestan vaginally for 12 days a month, it gives a good bleed but not excessive. I basically just pop it in and dont really push it up too far at all. I dont use an applicator.

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 07:20:06 PM »

I pop it into my vagina, the highness of it varies, I use my finger.

Fruitcake

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 10:49:21 AM »

Hi all

I'm in peri and have been using 1.5 mg Sandrena gel daily, while taking 200mg utrogestan from days 15 to 26 of my cycle. I'm having a monthly withdrawal bleeds when the utrogestan cycle finishes, but finding that I'm having 3 days of torrential bleeding that's limiting what I can do on these days and leaving me feeling exhausted.

I'd like to try taking utrogestan vaginally to see if this would reduce the level of bleeding, but can't find consistent advice on how to manage dosage or insertion. My GP is supportive but ultimately inexperienced in this area.

Should I continue with a 200mg dose per day for 12 days? Can I reduce the dose to 100mg/ day for 12 days? How deeply does the pill need to be inserted vaginally? Is finger depth sufficient or is a special applicator necessary?

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

I can relate to this as I'm experiencing heavy withdrawal bleeds.  Only on the first few months of Oestrogel and Utrogestan myself so I'm hoping things may settle.

I've taken the utrogestan vaginally 200mg from the beginning and I don't think the oral or vaginal administration would make any difference to the amount of withdrawal bleed that occurs. In fact I didn't think it was the utrogestan that effected the amount of bleeding you get, isn't this to do with the estrogen that is being absorbed that is increasing the womb lining and then ultimately the amount of withdrawal bleed that comes away?

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could confirm whether this is the correct way of looking at it as I have slightly decreased my Oestrogel to 1 and a half from two pumps to see if it helps with the volume of bleeding.

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 01:27:29 PM »

Hope it's ok for me to ask a question on here.
I take one oral and one vaginal.
I have had bleeds.
I would rather take all oral, as I want to wean off them, I have to wean as benzodiazepine users get withdrawals off progesterone if they just come off.
Bottom line, am I more likely to bleed using oral than vaginal?