Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: GP frustration  (Read 651 times)

silver21

• First Flush
GP frustration
« on: November 05, 2022, 06:45:33 AM »

Hi everyone, I started with HRT patches back in June and I found they really helped with the insomnia, anxiety and hot flushes.  However recently I have had bleeding, mood swings and insomnia again.

I went to my GP and she basically asked me what I wanted her to prescribe.  I was so taken aback, I didn’t know what to say. Surely she should be advising me, not asking me what to do?

She won’t give me any HRT other than the patches because she thinks I will not do well with tablets due to my Crohn’s disease which is currently flaring.  So she gave me some sleeping tablets and said she would arrange a scan for the bleeding.

I don’t know what to do about the anxiety and mood swings which are as bad as pre HRT and affecting my ability to work and my relationship with my family. I know sleep will help a bit, but I don’t feel like the underlying issue is being addressed.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I should ask her for next time I go? I feel a bit lost.

Nik2502

Re: GP frustration
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 07:32:26 AM »

Hi

You may need an increase in oestrogen if you’re having a return of symptoms. What patch and strength are you on?

Nik xx

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 07:38:51 AM »

Hi bleeding can be expected in the first 6 months of starting hrt. A scan is not necessary.

As Nik has said, it would be useful to know the dosage that you’re on as that will help our answers. x

silver21

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 09:02:32 AM »

Evorel conti patches twice a week. It says estradiol 50 micrograms and norethisterone 170 micrograms

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 09:23:27 AM »

How often do you speak to a support Nurse for your Chrons?  My cousin had a specific Nurse contact her every 5-6 months.