Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and headaches  (Read 803 times)

Emsie

Anxiety and headaches
« on: November 02, 2022, 02:45:25 PM »

Hi all.
I have suffered anxiety since mid 40s, now 49, and I am on my 3rd try of hrt.

Saw a private menopause doctor at my menopause centre. She said to try for 2 weeks 50mg of Estradot then if need to increase to 75mg. As we think I am progesterone intolerant she wanted me to get a good months of estrogen before try Utrogestan again, so I started taking this, vaginally, again last night.

When I first started on these patches after 3 weeks I felt good, no anxiety and energy for around 8 days. Since Monday I have felt awful and anxiety is bad, also have headache today.

I was thinking maybe the anxiety got worse before i went a month without progesterone and I’m very imbalanced, which hopefully now I am taking will sort it self out.

Anyone else have this?

I am desperately wanted this to work as impacting on life so much. Should have been working today but spent most the afternoon in bed.

Thanks x

Flossieteacake

Re: Anxiety and headaches
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:53:33 PM »

I am sorry you have such a bad headache and have to stay in bed. I think it depends if you can cope with waiting to see if you can get past the side effects of the ultrogestan. I personally could not but I know we are all different.

Emsie

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 02:58:58 PM »

Thanks this is all such a nightmare and I can’t believe how much it’s impacting on my life.

I have tried progesterone before and stuck with it for 2 cycles, but yes it is very hard.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »

Thanks this is all such a nightmare and I can’t believe how much it’s impacting on my life.

I have tried progesterone before and stuck with it for 2 cycles, but yes it is very hard.

Have you tried all the different kinds? I really sympathise as I too cannot tolerate progesterone.

Emm225

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 03:38:40 PM »

Could you take progesterone via the mirena coil....I wondered if it would be better as it's not going through your system but is at the site as it were.  I can't take any form of the contraceptive pill but I had the mirena for 20 years (different ones) and am fighting to get another one in as the tablet progesterone isn't brilliant for me.

Sorry for the headaches...I get migraines and they are a nightmare although I get a LOT less since being on HRT funnily enough, and giving up work to a greater extetent. 

Emsie

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 03:39:01 PM »

I was on the coil and never felt quite right on this, then just Utrogestan - which well is awful but I said with a new patch and dose I would give it a go.

I am gonna try coils again as I just know the Utrogestan is gonna be hard.

I emailed my gp and she said increase estrogen to 100mg and no not having progesterone for a month wouldn’t make anxiety worse.

I just don’t understand why this is so hard. What do you do now? X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 04:06:53 PM »

I was on the coil and never felt quite right on this, then just Utrogestan - which well is awful but I said with a new patch and dose I would give it a go.

I am gonna try coils again as I just know the Utrogestan is gonna be hard.

I emailed my gp and she said increase estrogen to 100mg and no not having progesterone for a month wouldn’t make anxiety worse.

I just don’t understand why this is so hard. What do you do now? X

I think it is far too soon to increase the oestrogen to 100. It needs be done gradually to allow your body time to adjust.  I do not think that would help anyway as the progesterone is causing the anxiety.

There other progesterone options. There is the combined patch, 2 cerezetea day, cylclogest pessaries for instance.