Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ordering prescriptions.  (Read 2072 times)

Fruitcake

Re: Ordering prescriptions.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022, 11:37:49 AM »

I think the surgery's chemist has misunderstood what you were questioning really.  A repeat prescription for 3 month's worth of the medicines is pretty standard once you have been reviewed at the beginning and that regime is working for you.  I'm only getting one months worth on a prescription (started HRT in June) as it is wasteful for the NHS if that regime is not suitable and you need to try something else. I'm already on my second change of HRT.

The actual problem for you is the request for the prescription and that it should not require two trips to the surgery to access your repeat prescription.  I wonder if they thought you were asking whether as a repeat prescription it would happen automatically and just be ready for you to just collect at the chemist every month on a repeating basis, without a request first. If you see what I mean?

Vive

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2022, 05:16:15 PM »

Just to clarify I am very happy to be on the HRT journey and looking forward to feeling better and I realise that moaning about how to get a repeat prescription order may be annoying to some who are struggling with actually getting their doctor to prescribe in the first place. Good luck to everyone on the journey. 🤗

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2022, 06:44:05 PM »

Your post is not annoying at all. This is a place for support so please feel free to post on here. The prescription issue is a part of menopause anyway.  :)

ChocolateWombat

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2022, 08:50:26 PM »

Just to say that you pay per prescribed product and not per item.  If you have a prescription for 3 months supply, you will pay £9.35.  This would be the same if the single prescription gave you 1,3,6 months supply and if it was for one bottle of oestrogel, or 12.

It is a key reason why women don’t want to have mo they prescriptions.  Yes, it’s inconvenient, but also it costs far more.

Vive

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 08:43:42 AM »

Just to say that you pay per prescribed product and not per item.  If you have a prescription for 3 months supply, you will pay £9.35.  This would be the same if the single prescription gave you 1,3,6 months supply and if it was for one bottle of oestrogel, or 12.

It is a key reason why women don’t want to have mo they prescriptions.  Yes, it’s inconvenient, but also it costs far more.

Thanks for this advice ChocolateWombat. I actually signed up for the NHS PPC (pre payment certificate) for 3 months which cost £30.25 and thought I was getting a good deal because I was worried about having to pay around £60 for the items 🤦🏼‍♀️ Never mind. I will try to pay for it without getting the PPC next time and hopefully I will only be charged for the two different prescriptions (I’m on the Estrogen gel 2 pumps and the Utrogestan capsules).

Thank you everyone for all your advice, it’s much appreciated.

Vive

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2022, 08:55:29 AM »

I think the surgery's chemist has misunderstood what you were questioning really.  A repeat prescription for 3 month's worth of the medicines is pretty standard once you have been reviewed at the beginning and that regime is working for you.  I'm only getting one months worth on a prescription (started HRT in June) as it is wasteful for the NHS if that regime is not suitable and you need to try something else. I'm already on my second change of HRT.

The actual problem for you is the request for the prescription and that it should not require two trips to the surgery to access your repeat prescription.  I wonder if they thought you were asking whether as a repeat prescription it would happen automatically and just be ready for you to just collect at the chemist every month on a repeating basis, without a request first. If you see what I mean?

Hi Fruitcake
I see what you mean, but I’ve now spoken to two receptionists a chemist and a nurse who all say that it’s not possible for me to order my HRT prescription online as it’s not eligible for this service. I still don’t understand this. The only explanation I’ve been given is that it’s because HRT needs reviewing every year. Hopefully this is being looked into and my surgery will become more tech savvy in time 🤷🏼‍♀️
I also think giving three months supply as an alternative is a bit silly due to possible wastage if the meds aren’t suiting the purpose etc. Hopfully this isn’t the case for me as I do seem to be doing well so far on the gel and Prog 🤞🏻

Fruitcake

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2022, 02:33:19 PM »

Just to clarify I am very happy to be on the HRT journey and looking forward to feeling better and I realise that moaning about how to get a repeat prescription order may be annoying to some who are struggling with actually getting their doctor to prescribe in the first place. Good luck to everyone on the journey. 🤗

I don't think you are moaning at all.  I've had problems myself obtaining (the correct) repeat prescriptions from my GP's surgery so I guess it is a bug bear of mine.  We shouldn't have to fight for these things but very often the system seems to be against us. 

I do find other people's stories help to inform others and this forum is a good source of confidence boost when you start to query whether you are right or not.

I hope you continue to feel well on your HRT journey.

Raztac10

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2022, 07:58:21 PM »

Have you tried the NHS app rather myGp? Never heard of that one. I always order my HRT via that for 3 months at a time, or a month when changing to different method.

You should also be able to ask for repeat by email.

Would definitely ask GP or practice manager for a clear explanation. Good luck!

Vive

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2022, 05:11:11 PM »

Have you tried the NHS app rather myGp? Never heard of that one. I always order my HRT via that for 3 months at a time, or a month when changing to different method.

You should also be able to ask for repeat by email

Would definitely ask GP or practice manager for a clear explanation. Good luck!

Hi Raztac10. Thanks for taking the time to help, I’ve downloaded the NHS app thank you.

Unfortunately I’m still unable to order my HRT online. The sticking point (I’m assuming) is the surgery who wont put me on repeat prescription. I can’t even order via the ‘Non Repeat Prescription option, a medicine I’ve been prescribed before’ when I choose the option it just says Contact your GP surgery for non-repeat prescription requests
You cannot order non-repeat prescription items in the NHS App.

Contact your GP surgery to request the prescription!! Argh. So annoying as my surgery is currently ONLY accepting HRT orders via a note in the drop box at the surgery. I know I know. It’s madness isn’t it. I’m am grateful that I’m now on three months at a time so I guess I’ll just have to suck it up for now and make my three monthly pilgrimage to the drop box with my “please sir can I have some more” letter (meds needed scribbled on a note) 🤦🏼‍♀️
Pages: 1 [2]