Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 3 pumps gel how much provera please?  (Read 966 times)

shoppingqueen

3 pumps gel how much provera please?
« on: October 30, 2022, 07:42:19 AM »

Hello ladies

I’m currently trialling back to estrogel again and wanted to know if anyone uses Provera and what dose for 3 pumps? My doctor’s pharmacist initially said 2.5 continual but then said 5 so seemed unsure! I don’t want to take it continual and prefer a bleed even though post meno as I prefer to keep the prog part as low as possible. I couldn’t tolerate Utro and have tried several times. 
Any thoughts? I’ve been googling like a maniac trying to find answers.
Thanks for help xx

Dotty

Re: 3 pumps gel how much provera please?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 07:47:27 AM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/14-BMS-TfC-Progestogens-and-endometrial-protection-01H.pdf

Hi page 6 gives you the dosages .

Cyclical is 10mg per day for 12 - 14 days.

Continuous is 2.5mg or 5mg per day. Start on 2.5 but increase to 5 if bleeding occurs on 2.5.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 08:16:03 AM by Dotty »

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 08:06:55 AM »

Hello ladies

I’m currently trialling back to estrogel again and wanted to know if anyone uses Provera and what dose for 3 pumps? My doctor’s pharmacist initially said 2.5 continual but then said 5 so seemed unsure! I don’t want to take it continual and prefer a bleed even though post meno as I prefer to keep the prog part as low as possible. I couldn’t tolerate Utro and have tried several times. 
Any thoughts? I’ve been googling like a maniac trying to find answers.
Thanks for help xx

Hi shoppingqueen,

Sorry but this is unrelated to your question.

Do you mind me asking why you couldn't tolerate utro x

shoppingqueen

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 08:28:29 AM »

Thanks Dotty! This is fab. I’ll try the 2.5 first. Not sure I’ll tolerate 10 for the almost 2 weeks 😁 it’s so frustrating I can’t get the dydro separately as it suited me and I’d gladly have that every day! X

Hi Discogirl!

I tried both orally and vaginally. Vaginally I was up weeing all night. It made me sleep which was good, but I was zonked out the following days and felt weird and spaced out. Fuzzy eyes where I couldn’t focus, a very uncomfortable bloated tummy, not myself at all. I felt very strange. I don’t mind sedation (anything to help sleep) and was keen to try it again for this reason, but it was my third attempt and looking back over the years when I’ve tried, my symptoms are the same. It doesn’t like me. I didn’t try a long cycle and maybe should have but on 12 days a month my view was that was almost 50% of my life feeling like that. I can’t cope with my meno symptoms so need the estrogen. Like so many here, it’s a trade off. I’ve had provera MPA before  in Premique in my early HRT days and I remember feeling flat, sleeping well and no meno symptoms. I’m hoping I won’t have the flat feeling this time but if so I’ll be using Femoston as my prog phase and topping up with gel. How are things with you? Have you started the Femoston? X

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 08:35:29 AM »

Hi if you’re using Provera on a sequential basis then 2.5mg isn’t even to provide endometrial protection .

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 08:42:06 AM »

Thanks Dotty! This is fab. I’ll try the 2.5 first. Not sure I’ll tolerate 10 for the almost 2 weeks 😁 it’s so frustrating I can’t get the dydro separately as it suited me and I’d gladly have that every day! X

Hi Discogirl!

I tried both orally and vaginally. Vaginally I was up weeing all night. It made me sleep which was good, but I was zonked out the following days and felt weird and spaced out. Fuzzy eyes where I couldn’t focus, a very uncomfortable bloated tummy, not myself at all. I felt very strange. I don’t mind sedation (anything to help sleep) and was keen to try it again for this reason, but it was my third attempt and looking back over the years when I’ve tried, my symptoms are the same. It doesn’t like me. I didn’t try a long cycle and maybe should have but on 12 days a month my view was that was almost 50% of my life feeling like that. I can’t cope with my meno symptoms so need the estrogen. Like so many here, it’s a trade off. I’ve had provera MPA before  in Premique in my early HRT days and I remember feeling flat, sleeping well and no meno symptoms. I’m hoping I won’t have the flat feeling this time but if so I’ll be using Femoston as my prog phase and topping up with gel. How are things with you? Have you started the Femoston? X

Hi shoppingqueen,

I'm not good really at the moment.

My sleep used to be great but since feb my sleep is now really shocking. It's actually problems getting to sleep which I understand can be related to anxiety;

I'm on estraderm 50 just increased to that last saturday x

Not

shoppingqueen

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »

That’s awful DG- I’ve been there. I go to sleep now (hooray) but 6 is my maximum at the moment so early waking 4-5 am and no way of drifting back off post loo visit. I’m shattered. I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I’ve had the busy brain and not being able to drift off lying awake for hours thing.
Give those 50 patches a good run. I’m sure it will help. I’d recommend a visit to the doctor for help in the meantime but I won’t as I did that, ended up on ADs to help sleep (which worked- straight to sleep, 8-10 hours per night) but turned me into a zombie. Ended up coming off them then massive rebound insomnia and back to square one. I know how desperate you can feel needing to sleep. But I’ve concluded Mother Nature will out. My current 6 is a blessing and totally natural so I’ll sit out the HRT to deliver 7-8! It has in the past. Are your other symptoms under control? Xx

shoppingqueen

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 09:00:28 AM »

Ps not that I’m judging anyone who finds that ADs or sleepIng tablets work for them. I’ve done both and have an emergency script for sleepers if I’m climbing the walls. Just like my emergency Diazapam for severe  panic attacks- just having them there reassured me. It’s just in my recent experience of chronic insomnia, resurgence of meno symptoms, general anxiety and huge personal life stress etc I’ve come to realise for me that I need to take less tablets and allow my body time to heal itself. I take medication for my thyroid so I was starting to feel like I was rattling with pills and my pill box was getting alarmingly full.

I have had years off and on with the same issues you’re  experiencing DG so I know what it’s like to walk that walk. It’s horrible, isn’t it? What I do know is that HRT did the best job of helping restore sleep cycles. I’ve done all sorts of prescription sleepers, melatonin etc but the best for me was stable hormone levels. X

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 09:14:28 AM »

That’s awful DG- I’ve been there. I go to sleep now (hooray) but 6 is my maximum at the moment so early waking 4-5 am and no way of drifting back off post loo visit. I’m shattered. I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I’ve had the busy brain and not being able to drift off lying awake for hours thing.
Give those 50 patches a good run. I’m sure it will help. I’d recommend a visit to the doctor for help in the meantime but I won’t as I did that, ended up on ADs to help sleep (which worked- straight to sleep, 8-10 hours per night) but turned me into a zombie. Ended up coming off them then massive rebound insomnia and back to square one. I know how desperate you can feel needing to sleep. But I’ve concluded Mother Nature will out. My current 6 is a blessing and totally natural so I’ll sit out the HRT to deliver 7-8! It has in the past. Are your other symptoms under control? Xx

hi shopping queen

well my night sweats and hot flushes stopped 2020/21 i think amd even then didnt affect my sleep.

my main reasons for going on hrt were sleep and anxiety.

id always slept really really well until feb when i got tinnitus. my gp put me on amit 10mg and the tinnitus about 3 mths after didnt bother me so i expected my sleep to return but it didnt which is when i thought it could be hormonal with my insomnia and anxiety.

my anxiety is better but its my sleep i really want to improve. when i first started on the 50 patches last sat for a few days my sleep did improve then after that it seems to have slipped back again xxx

shoppingqueen

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2022, 09:54:19 AM »

Things will move about a bit DG. I’ve been back on gel 2 weeks and today I got up with a bsckground flush and feeling meno dizzy, but none of this last week. I think it takes time for your body to level out. Everything endocrine takes time. It’s the same with my thyroid hormones. I’m going to have to ride it out xx